Google's very interested in improving the speed of the Web.
谷歌对改善网络速度非常有兴趣。
Vic Gundotra
Because the Web is the most important platform of our time.
因为网络是我们这个时代最重要的平台。
Vic Gundotra
And by making the Web better and faster,...
通过把网络变得更快更好…
Vic Gundotra
...we not only make Google applications better...
…我们不仅使谷歌的应用程序变得更好…
Vic Gundotra
...but in fact, all the applications users know and love.
…但是实际上,所有的用户都知道并喜欢。
Bill Coughran
We also believe that people are using the Web more and more as a place to read, view videos...
我们也相信人们越来越多地使用网络,把它当成阅读和浏览视频的地方…
Arvind Jain
In order for that information to be useful,...
为了确保那些信息是有用的…
Arvind Jain
...we need to make sure that it is delivered in a timely fashion.
…我们需要及时送达。
Vic Gundotra
You know, I think we're just at the beginning of how fast we can make the Web.
我觉得在网络提速方面,我们仅仅才开始。
Vic Gundotra
It's hard for us to imagine the improvements that we've made just in the last 15 years,...
我们很难想象在过去15年中我们所做的改进…
Vic Gundotra
...if you think about how slow the Web was when it initially started...
...如果你想一想网络刚开始的时候有多慢…
Vic Gundotra
...and how far we've come.
…而我们现在做到了多少。
Bill Coughran
Larry Page expressed a vision of being able to go from Web page to Web page...
拉里·佩奇阐述过一种愿景,从一个网页到另一个网页…
Bill Coughran
...as quickly as you could turn the pages in a glossy magazine.
…就像你翻阅一本用亮光纸印刷的杂志一样快。
Vic Gundotra
Uploading pictures, watching high-definition movies,...
上传照片,观看高清电影…
Vic Gundotra
...running very complex Javascript-based apps.
…运行非常复杂的Java程序。
Vic Gundotra
All those things can and should be instantaneous in the future.
在未来,所有这些事情都可以而且应该在瞬间实现。