2. 费用争议
A: Hello, is this the Smith residence?
A:您好,请问这是史密斯家的住宅吗?
B: Yes it is, may I ask who is calling?
B:是的,请问您是哪一位?
A: This is your bank calling in regards to an overcharge on your credit card.
A:这里是银行,电话通知您,您的信用卡已透支。
B: I'm sorry, there must be some mistake.
B:很抱歉, 我想一定是出了什么差错。
A: It says here that you charged over $500 on it yesterday.
A:这里显示,昨天您的消费超过500美元。
B: That can't be right; I have not used it in months!
B:那不可能;我已经有几个月没用过它了!
A: Are you saying you did not make that charge?
A:您是说您并没有那笔消费是吗?
B: That's exactly what I am saying.
B:那就是我正在告知你的。
A: Looking closer, this charge was made in a different city.
A:仔细看,这笔费用是花在另一个城市。
B: I am looking for my card now and I cannot find it.
B:我现在正在找我的卡,但是没找到。
A: This calls for further investigation.
A:这需要进一步调查。
B: I assure you I did not make the purchase.
B:我向你保证我没有这笔消费。