跟艾米莉一起学口语 第578期:对爱抱怨的人就该这么怼!
教程:跟艾米莉一起学口语  浏览:288  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    kvetch /kvetʃ/

    抱怨;爱抱怨的人

    I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a kvetch.

    对不起,我并不想一直抱怨。

    Stop whining.

    别发牢骚了。

    a damp squib

    空欢喜一场

    A: This hotel room sucks.

    这家宾馆的房间真烂。

    B: Oh, stop complaining. We only have to stay here for one night.

    别再抱怨了,我们只不过在这儿住一个晚上而已。

    A: But the carpet smells like a wet dog and the bed is as hard as a rock.

    可是这地毯闻起来有发霉的味道,而且床硬的像石头。

    B: Why do you always have to kvetch? Let's just enjoy our vacation.

    为什么你老是在挑刺?我们就好好享受假期吧。

    A: Maybe I should complain to the manager.

    或许我应该像宾馆经理反映

    B: Please, just stop whining. Let's go down to the pool for a swim.

    拜托,别再发牢骚了,我们下楼去泳池游个泳。

    A: I'm sure the poor will turn out to be a damp squib as well.

    我可以肯定那个游泳池肯定也是空欢喜一场。

    B: Look, Phil. This hotel is not what I expected either, but there's nothing we can do about it.

    听着,菲尔,这家宾馆也不如我所期待,但是我们不能改变什么。

    A: Oh, okay, then. Finish your coffee and we'll go for a swim.

    好吧,等你把咖啡喝完我们就去游泳。

    B: I don't want to finish my coffee.

    我不想把这杯咖啡喝光。

    A: Why not?

    为什么?

    B: It sucks.

    很难喝。

    0/0
      上一篇:跟艾米莉一起学口语 第577期:临别时的寒暄 下一篇:跟艾米莉一起学口语 第579期:签合同时的"谈判"

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)