美国语文第二册 第54期:物归原主
教程:​美国语文第二册  浏览:776  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    LESSON 58

    第五十八课

    lend

    租借

    Sarah

    萨拉

    comfort

    安慰

    ashamed

    羞愧

    yours

    你的

    willing

    情愿

    thimble

    顶针

    elsewhere

    其他地方

    using

    使用

    borrow

    offended

    冒犯

    depended

    依靠

    A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING

    物归原主

    Mary: I wish you would lend me your thimble, Sarah.

    玛丽:萨拉,我希望你能把你的顶针借给我。

    I can never find my own.

    我找不到自己的了。

    Sarah: Why is it, Mary, you can never find it?

    萨拉:为什么呀,玛丽,你找不到了?

    Mary: How can I tell?

    玛丽:我哪里知道为什么。

    But if you will not lend me yours, I can borrow one elsewhere.

    不过如果你不愿意把你的借给我,我可以去别的地方借。

    Sarah: I am willing to lend mine to you, Mary.

    萨拉:我愿意把我的借给你,玛丽。

    But I would very much like to know why you come to me to borrow so often.

    但我很想知道你为什么经常找我借东西。

    Mary: Because you never lose any of your things,

    玛丽:因为你从没有弄丢过你的东西,

    and always know where to find them.

    总是知道在哪能找到它们。

    Sarah: And why do I always know where to find my things?

    萨拉:为什么我总知道在哪能找到我的东西呢?

    Mary: I do not know why, I am sure.

    玛丽:是的,我也不知道为什么。

    If I did know, I might sometimes find my own.

    如果我知道,我可能就常会找到自己的东西了。

    Sarah: I will tell you the secret.

    萨拉:我告诉你这个密码吧。

    I have a place for everything,

    我有个固定的地方放东西,

    and I put everything in its place when I have done using it.

    当我用完后,我会把所有东西放回原来的地方。

    Mary: O Sarah!

    玛丽:噢,萨拉!

    who wants to run and put away a thing as soon as she has used it,

    谁会坚持在用完一件东西之后尽快收拾好,

    as if her life depended upon it?

    仿佛生活取决于它似的?

    Sarah: Our life does not depend upon it,

    萨拉:我们的生活不取决于它,

    but our comfort does, surely.

    但是我们的舒适感显然取决于它。

    How much more time will it take to put a thing in its place,

    我们把东西放回远处所花的时间,

    than to hunt for it or to borrow whenever you want to use it ?

    比我们想用东西时去找或借的时间多多少?

    Mary: Well, Sarah,

    玛丽:好吧,萨拉,

    I will never borrow of you again,

    我以后不会再向你借东西了,

    you may depend upon it.

    你的舒适感去决于它。

    Sarah: You are not offended with me, I hope.

    萨拉:我希望你没跟我生气。

    Mary: No, but I am ashamed.

    玛丽:没有,但我觉得惭愧。

    Before night, I will have a place for everything,

    睡觉之前,我会找个固定的地方放东西,

    and then I will keep everything in its place.

    并且会把所有东西放回原处。

    You have taught me a lesson that I shall remember.

    你给我上了一堂应当牢记的课。

    0/0
      上一篇:美国语文第二册 第53期:贪吃的小女孩 下一篇:美国语文第二册 第55期:打破的窗户(01)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)