美国语文第六册 第129期:伍尔西大主教的垮台(5)
教程:​美国语文第六册  浏览:355  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    Cromwell, I charge thee, fling away ambition: By that sin fell the angels; how can man, then, The image of his Maker, hope to win by it?

    克伦威尔,你一定要听我的,抛开野心;天使们就是野心太大而堕落的,而人不过是他的创造主的影像,怎能寄望通过野心而获得胜利?

    Love thyself last: cherish those hearts that hate thee; Corruption wins not more than honesty.

    爱自己到最后才最善,珍爱那些憎恨你的人吧,比起腐败来诚实会为你赢得更多。

    Still in thy right hand carry gentle peace, To silence envious tongues.

    在你的右手里永远举着温顺的和平枝,杜绝嫉妒之舌。

    Be just, and fear not: Let all the ends thou aim'st at be thy country's, Thy God's, and truth's;

    做人要公正,不要畏惧;你所要达到的一切目的都是为你的国家、这也是上帝和真理所要达到的目的,

    then, if thou fall'st, O Cromwell, Thou fall'st, a blessed martyr!

    此后倘若你还是失败了的话,克伦威尔,你也将是受到祝福的殉难者。

     

    Serve the king; And, prithee, lead me in: There, take an inventory of all I have, To the last penny;

    去为国王效劳吧。还有,请你领我进去:把我所有的一切直到最后一个便士都列一份清单,

    't is the king's: my robe, And my integrity to Heaven, is all I dare now call mine own.

    这些都是国王的。我敢说我自己的财产只剩下这件袍子和我对上帝的一片诚心了。

    O Cromwell, Cromwell! Had I but served my God with half the zeal I served my king,

    啊,克伦威尔,克伦威尔!如果我把为国王效劳的热诚,用一半来侍奉我的上帝,

    He would not in mine age Have left me naked to mine enemies.

    他也不会在我垂暮之年把我赤条条地留给我的敌人了。

    Good sir, have patience.

    好大人,忍耐些吧。

    So I have. Farewell The hopes of court! my hopes in Heaven do dwell.

    我除了忍耐还能怎样。别了在宫廷中晋身的希望,我的希望在天国里。

    0/0
      上一篇:美国语文第六册 第128期:伍尔西大主教的垮台(4) 下一篇:美国语文第六册 第130期:哲学家(1)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)