佩里:快看这个美女!只要能让她跟我约会,我愿做任何事情。
Lynn: You should go talk to her and ask her for hernumber.
林恩:你应该过去和她搭话,然后要她的电话号码。
Perry: No way! She’s completely out of my league.See that guy she’s talking to? He’s the kind of guy who’ll get her number.
佩里:没办法!我没那个艳福。看看那个在和她交谈的家伙。那种人才能要到她的电话号码。
Lynn: That guy has nothing on you. The only thing that guy has that you don’t is confidence.
林恩:那家伙完全不能和你相比。你唯一不如他的地方就是信心不足。
Perry: See? She’s giving him her number. I don’t have a chance.
佩里:看到了吗?她把电话号码给他了。我没机会了。
Lynn: But look what he’s doing with it. He’s throwing it away. What a jerk! Wait here.
林恩:等等,看他做了什么?他把号码扔了。这个白痴!在这里等我。
Perry: Hey, where are you going?
佩里:嘿,你去哪儿?
Lynn: I’ve got it. Here it is. Here’s her number. Call her.
林恩:我把它捡回来了。给你。这是她的电话号码。给她打电话。
Perry: Call her?! Out of the blue? You’re crazy. She’ll think I’m some kind of creep.
佩里:给她打电话?!这太突然了吧?你疯了吧?她会把我当做卑鄙小人。
Lynn: No, she’ll think you’re being bold. She’ll love that.
林恩:不,她会认为你很勇敢。她会喜欢你这样做的。
Perry: What am I supposed to say to her? “Hi, I stole your phone number and I’d like a date.”
佩里:我该怎么对她说?这样说吗:“嗨,我偷了你的电话号码。我想和你约会。”
Lynn: No, tell her the truth. Tell her you saw her, admired her from afar, and wanted to ask herout.
林恩:不,告诉她真相。告诉她,你一见她就对她心存爱慕,想和她约会。
Perry: What if she asks me how I got her number?
佩里:如果她问我怎么知道她的电话号码的,我怎么回答?
Lynn: Tell her you’ll tell her when you see her on your first date. You'll come off asmysterious. She’ll eat it up.
林恩:你跟她说,你会在你们第一次约会时告诉她的。这会显得很神秘。她会吃这套的。
Perry: I can’t do it. There’s no way I could do that, could I?
佩里:我做不到。我做不到这一点,我能做到吗?
Lynn: Yes you can. After all, no guts, no glory!
林恩:是的,你能做到。不入虎穴,焉得虎子!