参考译文
Pablo:Okay everybody, have a seat.
巴勃罗:好的,各位请就坐。
The purpose of this meeting is to get everybody onthe same page.
这次会议的目的是让大家步调一致。
I'm passing out the fact sheet we've prepared.
我马上分发我们准备好的情况说明书。
This fact sheet gives a rundown on what has happened to date so that no one is in the darkabout our current situation.
这份资料上会给出至今为止的情况说明,这样所有人都会了解我们的现状。
We've also prepared these talking points.
我们还准备了这些谈话要点。
This is for internal use only.
这是仅供内部人员使用。
I don't want them leaked to the media.
我不希望泄露给媒体。
These talking points have been prepared to help everyone stay on message.
这些已经准备好的谈话要点帮助所有人加强重点。
Anyone talking to the media off-script will have to answer to me.
任何人脱离该文件同媒体谈话都要经过我的同意。
These talking points preempt many of the possible questions you'll be asked.
这些谈话要点可能会有许多你会被问及的问题。
We hope to take the wind out of their sails by addressing some of the media's most likelyquestions up front.
我们希望借他们的东风解决一些媒体最有可能提出的问题。
Any questions?
有什么问题吗?
Suzanna:Um, I've read through these talking points and I'm still not sure how to answer onekey question.
苏珊娜:嗯,我读过这些谈话要点,但我仍然不知道如何回答一个关键问题。
Pablo:What's that?
巴勃罗:那是什么?
Suzanna:Have we solved the huge issue that's the cause of our current problems?
苏珊娜:我们解决了造成我们当前困境的这个大问题吗?
Pablo:It goes without saying that if the media ever wants a straightforward answer, ourresponse is always “no comment.”
巴勃罗:无需多言,如果媒体想要一个直截了当的回答,我们的回答总是“无可奉告。”
听力原文
Pablo: Okay everybody, have a seat. The purpose of this meeting is to get everybody on the same page.
I’m passing out the fact sheet we’ve prepared. This fact sheet gives a rundown on what has happened to date so that no one is in the dark about our current situation.
We’ve also prepared these talking points. This is for internal use only. I don’t want them leaked to the media. These talking points have been prepared to help everyone stay on message. Anyone talking to the mediaoff-script will have to answer to me.
These talking points preempt many of the possible questions you’ll be asked. We hope to take the wind out of their sails by addressing some of the media’s most likely questions up front. Any questions?
Suzanna: Um, I’ve read through these talking points and I’m still not sure how to answer one key question.
Pablo: What’s that?
Suzanna: Have we solved the huge issue that’s the cause of our current problems?
Pablo: It goes without saying that if the media ever wants a straightforward answer, our response is always “no comment.”