参考译文
John:I'm glad to see you're back and looking sohealthy.
约翰:我很高兴看到你回来了,而且看上去非常健康。
Lindsay:Thanks. Rehab wasn't easy, but gettingtreatment for my addiction saved my life.
林赛:谢谢。康复治疗并不容易,但能够治疗我的酒瘾的确救了我的命。
I'd hit rock bottom.
我可知道酗酒的危害性了。
John:Recovery from substance abuse isn't easy, but I'm happy you got the help you needed.
约翰:从酒精滥用中恢复并不容易,但我很高兴你获得了需要的帮助。
Lindsay:I'm glad I checked into an inpatient program.
林赛:我很高兴我进入了住院患者康复项目。
I was able to detox, and I'm now getting the medication and counseling I need.
在这里我能够戒去酒瘾,而现在我得到需要的药物及心理咨询治疗。
John:I thought you were done.
约翰:我以为你已经完成了。
Lindsay:No, I'm now in their outpatient program, with a plan for staying sober so I won'trelapse.
林赛:不,我现在在门诊接受治疗,这样我能保持清醒,并且不会再度复发。
John:And you're staying away from temptation?
约翰:你正在远离诱惑吗?
Lindsay:Absolutely. I'm only going clubbing two nights a week, instead of every night.
林赛:当然了。我只是每周两个晚上才会去夜总会,而不是每天晚上都会去。
John:Uh, is that wise?
约翰:呃,这样做明智吗?
Lindsay:It will be a good test of my self-control.
林赛:这是对我自制力一种很好的测试。
John:That doesn't sound…
约翰:那听起来不好…
Lindsay: Sorry, there's my ride. We're checking out a new club tonight.
林赛:抱歉,有人来接我了。今晚我们会去一家新俱乐部。
听力原文
John: I’m glad to see you’re back and looking so healthy.
Lindsay: Thanks. Rehab wasn’t easy, but getting treatment for my addiction saved my life. I’d hit rock bottom.
John: Recovery from substance abuse isn’t easy, but I’m happy you got the help you needed.
Lindsay: I’m glad I checked into an inpatient program. I was able to detox, and I’m now getting the medication and counseling I need.
John: I thought you were done.
Lindsay: No, I’m now in their outpatient program, with a plan for staying sober so I won’t relapse.
John: And you’re staying away from temptation?
Lindsay: Absolutely. I’m only going clubbing two nights a week, instead of every night.
John: Uh, is that wise?
Lindsay: It will be a good test of my self-control.
John: That doesn’t sound…
Lindsay: [sound of a car horn] Sorry, there’s my ride. We’re checking out a new club tonight.
John: Yikes.