F:吉米,安检都检查什么啊?这是不是意味着酒吧可能是一个危险的地方啊?
M:No,of course not. Just in case.Nothing to worry about. Don't you also do this in China?
M:不,当然不是。只是以防万一。没有什么好担心的。中国的酒吧里不这样做吗?
F:I don't know. Maybe the same. Actually,this is my first time being in a bar.
F:我不知道。可能也一样吧。实际上,这是我第一次来酒吧。
M:Oh,then it's my honor to be here with you. I can see now why you've been so curious about the bar. You like this place?
M:哦,那么我很荣幸能陪你来这儿了。现在我明白你为什么对酒吧那么好奇了。你喜欢这个地方吗?
F:Sure. I love this place,especially the decoration. So tasteful!
F:当然,我很喜欢这个地方,尤其是它的装饰布局,很优雅!
M:Yeah. Other than that,the real featore is the excellent drinks. Can I have your ticket?
M:是啊。除了装饰,它真正的特点在于酒水特别棒。可以把你的门票给我吗?
F:Here it is. But,what for? We're already in.
F:给你。可是,干什么用啊?我们都已经进来了啊。
M:Well,with the ticket,you can get a free drink. What would you like? Orange juice?.
M:用这张门票,你可以得到一杯免费的饮料。你想要什么?橙汁吗?
F:Yes,orange juice will be fine for me. But how can you get the drink? It's so crowded there around the counter.You can barely move.
F:好的,我喝橙汁就行。可是你怎么能拿到饮料呢?吧台那边太挤了,动都动不了。
M:I'll show you how. The bar tenders know whose turn it is. And also, I can snap my fingers to catch his attention.
M:我告诉你。调酒师知道该轮到谁了,而且,我可以打响指来吸引他的注意。
F:Cool. Thanks.(Jimmy brings May a glass of orange juice.)
F:好酷。多谢。(吉米给阿美拿来了一杯橙汁。)
F:Oh,fresh juice,I love it. Well,I heard American people love hanging out in bars.Is that true?
F:哦,鲜榨的橙汁,我喜欢。对了,我听说美国人都很喜欢泡吧。是真的吗?
M:Not everyone. But a lot of people do,especially the young.It's a fine place to spend an evening with friends or to make some new friends.
M:不是每个人,但是很多人都喜欢,尤其是年轻人。酒吧是一个朋友聚会和认识新朋友的好地方。
F:Interesting. Hey,look over there.The dance floor is already packed with people. Oh,the girl in red dances great.
F:有意思。晦,看那边。舞池里已经挤满人了。哦,那个穿红色衣服的女孩跳得真棒。
M:Yeah,a dancing queen.Wanna go and join them?
M:是啊,好一个“跳舞皇后”。想过去和他们一起跳吗?
F:Maybe later. I wanna take some photos first.
F:再等一会儿吧。我想先拍一些照片。
M:OK. Let me help you to hold the drink.
M:没问题。让我帮你端饮料吧。
F:Thank you.
F:谢谢。
重点词汇
security check安全检查
May: What's all the security check about, Jimmy? 阿美: 吉米,这些安全检查是关于什么的啊?
in case假使;以防(万一);免得
Listen out in case he calls.注意听着万一他打电话来。
curious好奇的
Steve was intensely curious about the world I came from.史蒂夫对我是从哪里来的有强烈的好奇心。
decoration装饰;装满
The decoration and furnishings had to be practical enough for a family home.装修和家具陈设必须对一个家庭住房来说够实用。
tasteful雅致的;优雅的
The decor is tasteful and restrained.该装饰有品位且不花哨。
barely仅仅;勉强;几乎没有
It was 90 degrees and the air conditioning barely cooled the room.气温是90度,空调几乎没有使房间凉快下来。
snap打响指
He snapped his fingers, and Wilson produced a sheet of paper.他打了一个响指,威尔逊便拿出一张纸来。
hang out闲逛
I often used to hang out in supermarkets.我过去常常到超市闲逛。