M:你跟一个老外结婚了,是吗?那是个什么样?
F:Well,in the first year of our marriage,we had great difficulties in getting along. The things that are important to me are not important to him. We had a lot of conflicts.
F:嗯,我们结婚的第一年,彼此很难相处。对我来说重要的事在他看来却不重要。我们有过很多冲突。
M:Yeah,I know what you mean. The first year of any marriage is difficult for all couples,not to mention two people from different cultures.
M:是,我知道你什么意思。结婚的第一年对任何夫妻来说都很难,更不用说两个来自不同文化背景的人了。
F:Now we have a two-year-old boy.We're very happy that he's healthy and smart.
F:现在我们有了一个两岁的男孩。我们很高兴他很健康、很聪明。
M:Oh,so he's half Chinese and half American. That's unusual. What languages does he speak,then?
M:噢,那么他是一半中国血统、一半美国血统,很不寻常。那他讲什么语言?
F:Right now he speaks mostly English,and he can say a few Chinese words.But he will learn in the future.
F:现在他主要讲英文,他只会说几个中文单字。但是日后他会学。
M:What does he look like? Can people tell?
M:他长得怎么样?别人看得出来吗?
F:Yes,people surely can. He's whiter than the Chinese kids,and his hair is a little blonde. My husband says his eyes are very Chinese though.
F:能,别人当然能看出来。他比其他中国小孩白,头发有点金黄。但我丈夫说他的眼睛很像中国人的。
重点词汇
conflict冲突
There is a conflict between what they are doing and what you want.他们在做的和你想要的之间存在冲突。
couple夫妇
The couple have no children.这对夫妇没有孩子。
not to mention更不用说,更不要提
Not to mention how I felt about other people.更不用说我感觉到的其他人。
smart聪明
He thinks he's smarter than Sarah is.他认为他比萨拉更聪明。
blonde(指人)白肤、金发碧眼的
...a little girl with blonde hair.…一头金发碧眼的小女孩。