时差N小时:工作的不安全感 Job insecurity
教程:时差N小时  浏览:346  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    YAEL:Welcome to A Moment of Science, thepopular science radio show that's both fun andinformative.

    雅艾尔:欢迎收听既有趣又增进知识的科普广播节目科学时刻。

    Today's Topic on Moment of Science is:You're Fired.

    今天节目的话题是:你被解雇了。

    Hey, did I read that right?

    嘿,我这样读对吗?

    DON:Yep. You're fired. How do you feel?

    唐:没错。你被解雇了。你感觉如何?

    YAEL:Waddaya mean, how do I feel?

    雅艾尔:伙计,你的意思是我的感觉?

    DON:I mean, do you feel less healthythan before I fired you?

    唐:我的意思是你觉得自己比我解雇你之前健康指数下降了吗?

    How's your weight? What about your cholesterol rate?

    你的体重如何?你的胆固醇率如何?

    YAEL:Okay, okay . . .this is one of your set-ups.

    雅艾尔:好吧,好吧。。。原来是你的小计俩。

    I'm not really fired, am I?

    我不是真的被开除吧?

    DON:Well, no. It's all a cruel ploy to get me to today's subject . . . which is that jobinsecurity can affect your health.

    唐:嗯,肯定不会。这都是为了引出我今天的主题…即工作的不安全感可以影响你的健康。

    YAEL:Yeah. It just about gave me a heart attack.

    雅艾尔:是的。刚刚那条噩耗差点让我心脏病发作。

    DON:A study in the American Journal of Public Health shows that heart attacks are no joke forpeople who suspect they are going to be laid off.

    唐:一项刊登在《美国公共卫生杂志》的研究表明对于那些忧心忡忡自己会被解雇的人来说,心脏病可不是闹着玩的。

    Over four years, a study group with imperiled jobs was found to have a forty to sixty percentgreater occurrence of heart disease than a control group whose jobs were secure.

    小组经过4年的研究发现,相比那些工作稳定之人,陷入危机的人心脏病发作的几率要高百分之四十至六十。

    And that's not all.

    而且还不止这些。

    People in insecure jobs also gained weight, overslept, tended to avoid exercise, and hadhigher cholesterol rates.

    工作不稳定的人还容易体重增加,失眠,总是拒绝运动,进而胆固醇偏高。

    YAEL:Wow. I guess the shaky economy hurts everything. Even our bodies!

    雅艾尔:哇。我想经济不稳定会有害于一切。甚至是人们的身体!

    DON:Even our bodies.

    唐:是的,甚至是我们的身体。

    0/0
      上一篇:时差N小时:火山灰云层 The ash cloud(下) 下一篇:时差N小时:好事儿 Good news(上)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)