看“当幸福来敲门”台词学英语:第6讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:660  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    -Chris: Hoss?

    Hoss?

    -Christopher: Hoss Can'twright on Bonanza.

    Hoss Can'twright “Bonanza的牛仔”里面的牛仔。

    -Chris: How do you know Bonanza?

    你从哪知道“Bonanza的牛仔”的?

    -Christopher: We watch it at Mrs. Chu's.

    在朱太太家看的。

    -Chris: You watch Bonanza at daycare?

    daycare: 日间照管儿童

    你在幼儿园看“ Bonanza的牛仔”?

    -Christopher: Yeah.

    是啊。

    -Chris: When? When do you watch it? After snack? After your nap?

    snack: 吃点心 nap: 小睡

    是什么时候看的?午餐后还是午觉后?

    -Christopher: After love Boat. I made my list for my birthday.

    看完“爱之船”之后看的,我生日礼物列好了。

    -Chris: Yeah, what'd you put on there?

    你都写了什么?

    -Christopher: A basketball or an ant farm.

    ant: 蚂蚁

    篮球,或者“蚂蚁农场”。(“蚂蚁农场”为一种智趣游戏)

    -Chris: He says he's been watching TV.

    他说他一直在看电视。

    -Mrs. Chu: Oh, little TV for history.

    是啊,是看了些电视,都是历史片。

    -Chris: Love Boat?

    爱之船也是吗?

    -Mrs. Chu: For history. Navy.

    是啊,是关于海军历史的。

    -Chris: That's not the Navy. I mean, he could watch television at home.

    那可不是海军历史片,我的意思是,他可以在家看电视。

    We're paying you $ 150 a month. If he's gonna be sitting around…watching TV all day, we're taking him out of here.

    我们每月付150块给你,要是他就坐在这儿…一直看电视的话,我们就带他走。

    -Mrs. Chu: Go pay more at other daycare if you don't like Navy TV. You late pay anyway. You complain. I complain.

    complain: 抱怨

    你要是不喜欢海军片的话,就多花钱去别家幼儿园好了,反正你总是晚付钱。你抱怨,我还抱怨呢。

    -Chris: Can you at least put the dog upstairs in your room or something?

    upstairs: 楼上的

    那能不能把狗带到楼上去?关到你房间或什么地方?

    -Mrs. Chu: Bye.

    再见。

    -Chris: I was waiting for Witter Resource head Jay Twistl…whose name sounded so delightful, like he'd give me a job and a hug?

    delightful: 令人愉悦的

    我在等Witter公司人事部主管Jay Twistle,他的名字听起来很可爱就好像他会给我份工作,外加一个拥抱。

    I just had to show him I was good with numbers and good with people. Morning, Mr. Twistle.

    而我所要做的,就是让他知道,我精通数字,而且懂得待人之道,早上好,Twistle先生。

    -Twistle: Good morning.

    早上好。

    -Chris: Mr. Twistle, Chris Gardner.

    Twistle先生,我是Chris Gardner。

    -Twistle: Hi.

    你好。

    -Chris: I wanted to drop this off personally and make your acquaintance.

    drop: 放下 acquaintance: 相识

    我得在你进去之前亲自把这个交给您和您认识一下。

    I thought I'd catch you on the way in. I'd love the opportunity to discuss…what may seem like weaknesses on my application.

    weakness: 软弱 application: 申请

    希望有机会能和您坐下聊聊我申请表上看起来比较薄弱的几点。

    -Twistle: We'll start with this, and we'll call you if we wanna sit down.

    好的,我们要先看下你的申请表,Chris 需要面试的话会通知你的。

    -Chris: Yes, sir. You have a great day.

    好的,先生,祝您愉快。

    -Twistle: You too.

    你也是。

    -Chris: Hey, yeah, how you doing? This is Chris Gardner calling for Dr. Delsey. Yeah, I'm running a little late for a sales call.

    嗨,你好,我是Chris Gardner 找Delsey.医生,我要晚一点才能来推销。

    I was wondering if… Yeah, Osteo National. Right. We can still…? Half an hour? Yes. Beautiful. Beautiful. Thank you, thank you.

    wonder: 猜想

    能不能…对,Osteo公司,对,我们能不能…半小时后?太好了,没问题,谢谢。

    Hey! Hey! Hey! This part of my life… Wait! …this part here… …it' called “Running.” Hey! Hey! Wait! Hey! Wait!

    嘿!嘿!嘿!我人生的这部分,眼前的这部分叫做“追赶”。嘿!嘿!等一下!嘿!等一下!

    That was my stolen machine. Unless she was with a guy who sold them too.

    unless: 除非

    那是我被偷的仪器,除非跟她在一起的那家伙也是做这行的。

    Which was unlikely …because I was the only one selling them in the Bay Area.

    unlikely: 不大可能发生的

    不过可能性不大,因为旧金山海湾地区,销售此仪器的仅我一家。

    I spent our entire life savings on these things. It was such a revolutionary machine. Can you feel it, baby?

    entire: 全部的 saving: 存款 revolutionary: 革命的

    我把所有的积蓄都押在这上面了,押在这个革命性的仪器上了。亲爱的,你感觉到了吗?

    -Linda: Oh, yeah. You got me doing all the work.

    当然了,你在叫我一个人忙活。

    -Chris: What I didn't know is that doctors and hospitals…would consider them unnecessary luxuries.

    unnecessary: 不必要的 luxury: 奢侈

    但是我没想到,医院的医生们会认为它是没用的奢侈品。

    I even asked the landlord to take a picture. So if I lost one, it was like losing a month' groceries.

    landlord: 房东 grocery: (美国俚语)必需之物

    我甚至请房东给我们照了相,所以丢了一台仪器就意味着损失了一个月的伙食。

    Hey, hey! Wait! Wait! Hey, get back here!

    嘿!嘿!等一下,等一下!嘿!回来!

    -Woman: Hey, man, l…

    嘿,老兄,我…

    -ManA: Who's he?

    他是谁?

    -ManB: He's that guy…

    就是那个…

    -Christopher: Did you forget?

    你忘了吗?

    -Chris: Forget what?

    忘了什么?

    -Christopher: You're not supposed to have any of those.

    你不该带这东西回家的。

    -Chris: Yeah, I know.

    是的,我知道。

    -Christopher: You have two now.

    但你现在却有2台。

    -Chris: Hey.

    嘿。

    -Christopher: Hey, Mom.

    嘿,妈。

    -Chris: One, two, three!

    1,2,3。

    -Christopher: That's a basketball!

    是个篮球!

    -Chris: Hey, hey. What do you mean? You don't know that that's a basketball.

    嗨,什么意思?谁说这是篮球啊?

    This could be an ant farm. This could be a microscope or anything.

    microscope: 显微镜

    有可能是“蚂蚁农场”也可能是显微镜或别的什么。

    -Christopher: No, it's not.

    不,不是的。

    -Chris: There, there. All right, come on. Open him up. Open him up. That paper's a little heavy, huh?

    拿不到了吧。好吧,快打开吧。纸有点厚,是吗?

    -Christopher: Yeah, but I got it.

    是的,但是我能打开。

    -Chris: You should've seen me out there today. Somebody stole a scanner. I had to run the old girl down…

    scanner: 扫描机

    你今天真应该在场的,有个女孩偷了我的扫描仪,我就一直追她…

    -Linda: Whatever.

    随便吧。

    -Chris: What?

    什么?

    -Linda: Whatever, Chris.

    随便怎么着吧,Chris。

    -Chris: What the hell you got attitude about? “Whatever” what?

    attitude: 态度

    你这是什么态度?随便什么?

    -Linda: Every day's got some damn story.

    每天都他妈的有逸闻。

    -Chris: Hey, Roy. Roy! Can you beat your little rug when nobody's out here? There's dust and shit all over.

    beat: 打 rug: 毯子 dust: 灰尘

    嘿!Roy!Roy!能不能没人的时候再拍毯子?尘土飞扬的。

    -Roy: I'm trying to keep a clean house.

    我只是在打扫房间…

    -Chris: Hey, wait a second. Look, Linda, relax. We're gonna come out of this. Everything is gonna be fine, all right?

    come out of: 从…出来

    嗨,等一下。听我说,Linda,放松,我们会渡过难关的,一切都会好起来的,好吗?

    -Linda: You said that before, when I got pregnant. “It'll be fine.”

    pregnant: 怀孕的

    你以前就这么说过,我怀孕的时候,你就说:“一切都会好起来的”。

    -Chris: So you don't trust me now?

    这么说你不再相信我了?

    -Linda: Whatever. I don't care.

    随便,我不在乎。

    -Twistle: Taxi!

    出租!

    -Chris: Mr. Twistle.

    Twistle先生。

    -Twistle: Yeah, hi.

    是的。

    -Chris: Hi. Chris Gardner.

    你好,我是Chris Gardner。

    -Twistle: Yeah, hi. Listen. What can I do for you?

    你好,有什么事吗?

    -Chris: I submitted an application for the intern program about a month ago…and I would just love to sit with you briefly…

    submit: 递交 intern: 实习生 briefly: 简短的

    我一个月前交了份实习申请表,我想找机会和您坐下来简单谈谈…

    -Twistle: Listen, I'm going to Noe Valley, Chris. Take care of yourself.

    听着,我要赶去诺亚谷,Chris你保重。

    -Chris: Mr. Twistle. Actually, I'm on my way to Noe Valley also. How about we share a ride?

    Twistle先生,我正好也要去诺亚谷,我搭个车怎么样?

    -Twistle: All right, get in.

    好吧,上车吧。

    -Chris: All right. So when I was in the Navy, I worked for a doctor…who loved to play golf, hours every day…

    好的,我在海军服役时为一个医生工作,他很喜欢高尔夫,每天都要花很多时间在那上面。

    And I would actually perform medical procedures…when he'd leave me in the office.

    actually: 实际上 perform: 执行 procedure: 手续

    我还得替他处理医疗事务,当他不在的时候。

    So I'm used to being in a position where I have to make decisions and… Mr. Twistle, listen. This is a very important…

    position: 立场

    我习惯于做出抉择,而且…Twistle先生,听我说,这很重要。

    -Twistle: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. This thing's impossible.

    对不起,对不起,这东西不可能拼出来的。

    -Chris: I can do it.

    我可以。

    -Twistle: No, you can't. No one can. That's bullshit

    bullshit: 胡说

    你不行,没人可以的。不可能的。

    -Chris: No, I'm pretty sure I can do it.

    我确定我能行的。

    -Twistle: No, you can't.

    你不行。

    -Chris: Let me see it. Give it here. Oh, yeah. Oh, wow, you really messed it up.

    mess up: 混乱

    让我看看,给我。哦,你真是拼的一团糟啊。

    -Twistle: Sorry.

    不好意思。

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“当幸福来敲门”台词学英语:第5讲 下一篇:看“当幸福来敲门”台词学英语:第7讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)