huddle up:聚成一团
来,集合!我们还有两周到重大的比赛
Where's Troy and Chad?
Troy和Chad在哪里?
Don't make me ask again.
别要我再问一遍
Where's Troy and Chad?!
Troy和Chad在哪里?!
-Basketball player: Detention.
留堂
-Miss Darbus: Perhaps the most heinous example of cell-phone abuse is ringing in the theater.
heinous:可憎的 abuse:滥用的 theater:剧院
也许最可恨的滥用手机的例子就是在剧院
What temerity! The theater is a temple of art.
temple:神殿
多么野蛮!剧院是艺术的圣殿
A precious cornucopia of creative energy.
precious:宝贵的 cornucopia:丰饶的
一个宝贵的充满创造的丰饶角饰
-Coach: Where's my team, Darbus?
我的队伍在哪里,Darbus?
What the heck are those two doing in a tree?
the heck:究竟
这两个人在这树上做什么?
-Miss Darbus: It's called crime and punishment, Bolton.
crime and punishment:罪与罚
这是犯错和惩罚,Bolton,
Besides, proximity to the arts is cleansing for the soul.
proximity:接近 cleanse:净化
另外,接近艺术可以净化心灵
-Coach: Can we have a talk, please?
我们能谈谈吗?
And you two, in the gym, now!
gym:体育馆
你们俩,去体育馆,现在!
If they have to paint sets for detention, they could do it tonight, not during practice.
如果他们留堂来刷道具,他们可以晚上做,不是练习时间
-Miss Darbus: If these were theater performers, would you seek special treatment?
treatment:待遇
如果是演出者,你能要求特殊待遇吗?
-Coach: Darbus, we are days away from our biggest game of the year.
Darbus,我们距离年度最重要的比赛只有几天了
-Miss Darbus: And we, Bolton, are in the midst of our auditions for our winter musicale as well!
musicale:音乐会
我们,Bolton,我们也在给你那些冬季音乐剧试镜!
This school is about more than just young men in baggy shorts
baggy shorts:宽短裤
这个学校不只有邋遢的男孩
flinging balls for touchdowns!
fling:投 touchdown:触地得分
进攻达阵!
-Coach: Baskets! They shoot baskets.
投篮!他们投篮
-Schoolmaster: Stop! Guys, listen, you've been having this argument
好了!听着,你们争论这事
since the day you both started teaching here.
从你们俩来的那天开始
We are one school, one student body,
我们是同一学校,同一学生
one faculty! Can we not agree on that?
faculty:全体教员
同一的教职工!我们可以认同这点吗?
So, Coach, how's the team lookin'?
coach:教练
教练,队伍怎么样了?
Troy got 'em whipped into shape?
whip into shape: 把训练好
Troy把他们组织起来了
-Miss Darbus: Oh!
哦!
-Coach: West High Knights have knocked us out of the playoffs three years running,
playoffs: 季后赛 running: 连续的
西部高中骑士队连续三年淘汰了我们
and now we are one game away from taking that championship back from 'em!
championship: 冠军
现在我们就差一场比赛从他们那里夺回冠军了!
It's time to make our stand.
make our stand: 表现
现在是我们表现的时候
The team is you.
队伍就是你们
You are the team. And this team does not exist
你们就是队伍队伍不会存在
unless each and every one of you is fully focused on our goal. Am I clear?
除非你们每个人都集中注意在我们的目标上,清楚吗?
-Chad: Hey, what team?!
嘿,什么队?!
-Players: Wildcats!
野猫队!
-Chad: Hey, what team?!
嘿,什么队?!
-Players: Wildcats!
野猫队!
-Chad: Hey, what team?!
嘿,什么队?!
-Players: Wildcats!
野猫队!
-Chad: Wildcats!
野猫队!
-Players: Get your head in the game!
去比赛吧!
-Taylor Mchessey: We've never made it past the first round
first round: 第一轮
我们从没通过第一轮的学校全能比赛
of the scholastic decathlon. You could be our answered prayer.
answered prayer: 美梦成真
你会使我们美梦成真
-Gabriella: I'm focusing on my studies this semester,
semester: 学期
我现在集中精力在我的学习上
and help my mom get the new house organized. Maybe next year.
还有帮我妈妈整理新的房子,也许明年吧
what Do you know about Troy Bolton?
你认为Troy Bolton怎么样?
-Taylor Mchessey: Troy? Hmm.
Troy?嗯
I'm not an expert on that particular sub-species,
species: 种
我不是那方面的专家
however, unless you speak cheerleader,
cheerleader: 拉拉队长
可是,除非你和啦啦队说
as in, “Oh, my gosh! Isn't Troy Bolton just the hottie super-bum?”
hottie: 可爱的少女
噢,天啊!Troy Bolton是不是很性感啊?
-Girls: Oh, he's so beautiful.
噢,他太棒了
-Taylor Mchessey: Ha-ha. See what I mean?
呵呵,明白我的意思?
-Gabriella: I don't know how to speak cheerleader.
我不知道如何与啦啦队交流
-Taylor Mchessey: We exist in an alternate universe to Troy the basketball boy.
alternate: 不同的 universe: 领域
我们存在和篮球青年Troy不同的世界里
-Gabriella: Have you tried to get to know him?
你没试图了解他?
-Taylor Mchessey: Watch how it works tomorrow when you have lunch with us.
明天你和我们一起吃饭,看看这里的潜规则
Unless you'd rather sit with the cheerleaders and discuss firm nail beds.
nail: 指甲
除非你宁愿和啦啦队一起讨论修指甲
-Gabriella: My nail beds are history.
我可不关心指甲的事情
-Taylor Mchessey: Sister!
姐妹!
-Coach: Still don't understand this detention thing.
我还是不理解留堂的事
-Troy: It was my fault.
是我的错
Sorry, Dad.
对不起
-Coach: Cross court.
场地那边
Darbus will take any opportunity to bust my chops. That includes yours too.
opportunity: 机会 bust: 破坏 chop: 削球
Darbus会想尽办法找我麻烦,也包括你
-Troy: Hey, Dad?
嗨,爸爸?
Did you ever want to try something new, but were afraid of what your friends think?
你曾有过做新的尝试,但是担心你的朋友的想法吗?
-Coach: Like, going left? You're doing fine.
就象,向左?你没问题的
-Troy: Well… no.
嗯…不
I mean, what if you wanna try something really new
我意思是,如果你尝试全新的