地道美语听力播客:对待病人的态度
教程:地道美语听力播客  浏览:846  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    Cho: I’m not sure I’m cut out to be adoctor.

    我不确定我能否被安排为医生。

    Joy: I think you’ll be great. I’ve seen you with patients and you have a great bedside manner– not like Gregory.

    我认为你很不错。我看见你是如何对待病人的。你对病人的态度很好——不像Gregory那样。

    Cho: Why? What’s wrong with his bedside manner?

    为什么?他对病人的态度有什么不妥?

    Joy: I’ve seen him with patients and he can be really callous. For instance, I was in the roomlast week when he was telling one of his patients that she was taking a turn for the worse.

    我看见他对待病人,他真的是很无情。比如,上周我在医护室时,他正告诉一个病人她的病情正迅速恶化。

    Cho: What did he say?

    他说什么了?

    Joy: He just blurted it out. He told her the diagnosis, and he didn’t even try to soften thenews when she asked about her prognosis. He did absolutely nothing to try to comfort orreassure her.

    他只是不经意地脱口而出。他告诉她诊断结果,当病人问及预测病情状况时,他甚至没有试着委婉地表达。他没做任何宽慰病人或使病人消除顾虑的事。

    Cho: I feel sorry for the patient.

    我为那个病人感到难过。

    Joy: That’s the point. Gregory didn’t, and it didn’t seem to faze him that the patient was veryupset and close to hysterics.

    说到点子上了,病人十分烦乱,都要歇斯底里发作了,但这看起来并没有使Gregory担忧。

    Cho: That’s terrible. I’ll try to remember to be more compassionate with my patients.

    那太可怕了。我要记住对我的病人要倍加同情。

    Joy: Don’t worry. It’s against your nature to be anything but considerate.

    别担心。对病人呢不体贴与你的本性相违。

    cut out 安排 patient n.病人 bedside manner (医师) 对病人的举止或态度 callous adj. 无情的 take aturn for the worse 情况陡转急下 blurt it out 不经意脱口而出 diagnosis n. 诊断 soften v.使变和蔼prognosis n. 预知,预测 comfort v.宽慰 reassure v. 使放心, 使消除疑虑; feel sorry for 为……感到难过 faze v.使担忧,使慌乱 hysterics n. 歇斯底里发作; 大笑大哭 compassionate adj. 有同情心的 againstyour nature 违背你的本性 considerate adj.体贴的

    0/0
      上一篇:地道美语听力播客:谈论有趣的电影 下一篇:地道美语听力播客:买男式衬衫 Buying Men's Shirts

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)