Mickey: Hello, McQuillan Plumbing.
米奇:您好,McQuillan水暖。
Colleen: Hi, I’m having a lot of plumbing problems. Can you send a plumber out to my houseright away?
科琳:嗨,我遇到很多管道问题。你可以派一个管道工马上来我家吗?
Mickey: Yes, we can. But first, let’s find out what the problems are.
米奇:是的,可以。但首先,让我们看看是什么问题。
Colleen: Well, to start, my toilet won’t flush and it’s overflowing.
科琳:开始,我的厕所不能冲水,它往出溢水。
Mickey: An overflowing toilet – check. What else?
米奇:溢水的厕所——检查。还有别的问题吗?
Colleen: The sink in the bathroom is stopped up and the pipes underneath the sink areleaking.
科琳:浴室的水槽堵住了和水槽下面的管道漏水。
Mickey: A stopped up sink and leaking pipes – check. What else?
米奇:水槽堵住了和管道漏水 - 检查。还有什么问题?
Colleen: The garbage disposal in the kitchen is making funny noises and the water won’tdrain.
科琳:厨房中的垃圾处理发出很滑稽的噪音,而且无法排水。
Mickey: A busted garbage disposal – check. Is that all?
米奇:一个坏的垃圾处理 - 检查。就这些吗?
Colleen: No, the faucet in the shower is stuck and I can’t shut off the water.
科琳:不,淋浴器的水龙头卡住了,我不能关闭水。
Mickey: A stuck faucet – got it. What else?
米奇:龙头被卡住 – 明白了。还有什么问题?
Colleen: That’s it.
科琳:就这些。
Mickey: You’ve got some really big problems there.
米奇:你真是遇到了一些真正的大问题。
Colleen: Yes, I know. That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you. Can you send someone out rightaway?
科琳:是的,我知道。我一直想告诉你这些事。你能派人马上来?
Mickey: Sure, no problem. How about next Tuesday?
米奇:当然可以,没有问题。下周二如何?
Colleen: Next Tuesday?! Didn’t you hear me? These are emergencies!
科琳:下周二?!你没听见吗?这是紧急情况!
Mickey: Yes, but all of our plumbers are booked up until next Tuesday. Should I put you downfor a morning appointment?
米奇:是的,但我们所有的管道工在下周二钱都有预约。我应该把你的预约安排在早晨?
Colleen: Forget it! By next Tuesday, I’ll be under 10 feet of water!
科琳:算了吧!下周二,我将在10英尺深的水中!
plumbing n.管道设备 stop up 堵住 shut off 关掉; 切断 garbage disposer (装在洗物槽底之) 垃圾处理机 book up 预定