贾斯汀:您好。
Rachel: Hi, Justin. It’s Rachel from McQ Corp.
瑞秋:您好,贾斯汀。我是MCQ公司的瑞秋。
Justin: Oh hi, Rachel. Did you get our bid for thejob?
贾斯汀:噢,您好,瑞秋。你有没有收到我们对那个项目的投标?
Rachel: Yes, we did. We like your proposal, but westill need to come to terms on the price.
瑞秋:是的,我们收到了。我们很喜欢您的建议,但我们仍需要在价格方面再商量一下。
Justin: We’ve already given you our rock-bottom price because we want to get this job, but wealways try to be flexible.
贾斯汀:因为我们真心希望获得那个项目,所以那已是我们的底价了。我们应学会灵活。
Rachel: Good. Could you do better on what you’ve quoted us for labor? The price seemed alittle high.
瑞秋:好吧。你给我们的劳动力报价可以再优惠一点吗?我们觉得价格似乎有点高。
Justin: We might be able to trim a little off of that. How about if we discount that by 10percent?
贾斯汀:我们也许可以再降低一点。再给您打折10%,怎么样?
Rachel: That’s an attractive offer, but we were hoping for 20 percent.
瑞秋:这个报价很有吸引力。但我们希望打折20%。
Justin: You’re driving a hard bargain. We have certain fixed costs, you know.
贾斯汀:您真固执。我们有一定的固定成本,这您是知道的。
Rachel: I do and that’s why I’m only asking about labor costs. Can you meet me halfway at 15percent?
瑞秋:我知道。所以我才只问您劳动力成本的问题。我们各让一步,15%怎么样?
Justin: I think that might be doable, if that’s the only stumbling block to us getting the job.
贾斯汀:嗯,如果这一问题是我们获得该项目唯一的绊脚石的活,我觉得这个价格还是可行的。
Rachel: I can’t make any promises, but I’ll do my best.
瑞秋:我无法做出任何承诺,但我会尽我所能使我们达成合作。
Justin: That’s all I can ask. I’ll send you over a revised bid.
贾斯汀:我寄望于此。稍后,我会发给您我们修改后的标书。
Rachel: Great. I hope to have good news for you next week.
瑞秋:很好。我希望下周有好消息通知您。