参考译文
Alisa: Don't be mad.
艾丽莎:别生气了好吗。
Sabir: I'm not mad.
萨比尔:我没有生气。
Alisa: Yes, you are. I'm sorry. I admit it was my fault. Will you stop moping now?
艾丽莎:有,你就在生我气。抱歉啊,我承认是我的错。但是你现在能别这样不开心吗?
Sabir: I'm not moping. I'm giving you the silent treatment.
萨比尔:我没有不开心。我只是不想搭理你。
Alisa: I knew it! You're still peeved at me. What can I do to make it up to you?
艾丽莎:我知道你不想理我!你还在生我的气呢,我要怎样做,你才愿意和我和好呢?
Sabir: You can leave me alone.
萨比尔:你让我自己静一静吧!
Alisa: If I leave you alone to stew, you'll replay the whole incident in your head and the next thing I know, you'll hold a grudge against me. Won't you just forgive me so we can move on?
艾丽莎:如果我留下你,让你自己生气烦恼的话,你就会把整个事件重新在你的大脑中进行回放,那么接下来,你就会更对我怀恨在心的。你就不能原谅我,然后我们以后好好相处吗
Sabir: What you said wasn't just a slight. It was an out-and-out insult.
萨比尔:你所说的话不只是对我的一次轻蔑,而是一次彻彻底底的侮辱。
Alisa: I know it was and I'm truly sorry. I'll buy you lunch at your favorite restaurant to show you how contrite I am.
艾丽莎:我知道我做错了,我真的非常抱歉。不如这样吧,我请你去你最喜欢的餐厅吃午饭来表达我的歉意怎么样?
Sabir: And you won't say it again?
萨比尔:那你以后不可以再说那样的话啦?
Alisa: I promise I'll never tell you again in front of your friends how much you look like Elvis–in his later years.
艾丽莎:我保证不管你看起来有多像晚年时候的Elvis,我都不会再在你朋友面前这样说你了。
听力原文
Alisa:Don't be mad.
Sabir:I'm not mad.
Alisa:Yes, you are. I'm sorry. I admit it was my fault. Will you stop moping now?
Sabir:I'm not moping. I'm giving you the silent treatment.
Alisa:I knew it! You're still peeved at me. What can I do to make it up to you?
Sabir:You can leave me alone.
Alisa:If I leave you alone to stew, you'll replay the whole incident in your head and the next thing I know, you'll hold a grudge against me. Won't you just forgive me so we can move on?
Sabir:What you said wasn't just a slight. It was an out-and-out insult.
Alisa:I know it was and I'm truly sorry. I'll buy you lunch at your favorite restaurant to show you how contrite I am.
Sabir:And you won't say it again?
Alisa:I promise I'll never tell you again in front of your friends how much you look like Elvis–in his later years.