F:我最近正在考虑买房。这几年来一直都在付房租太不好了,与其这样,不如偿还贷款……
M:Have you thought about the state of the market?
M:你有考虑过市场行情吗?
F:It's all about location,location,location,isn't it? Do you know any good areas?
我总是在想着地段、地段、地段,不是吗?你知道有什么好地方吗?
M:You're right,loccation is everything.You ought to find an up-and-coming neighborhood that's not so fashionable right now but probably will be in the future. You can get a really good deal if you stay ahead of the pack. Know what I mean?
M:说的没错,地段太重要了。你需要找到有升值空间的小区,或许现在不是很抢手,但是将来它会升值。如果你总是走在别人前面,你就能占得先机。明白我的意思吗?
F:Yeah,you're right. I need to do my homework on this.
F:你说得对。我需要在这上面多做做功课。
M:You can do that. Think of it as a money-making project. In a few years you can sell it and move on to your next one……
M:你可以做到的。你就把它作为一个赚钱的项目,几年后,你可以卖了它,然后再买套新房子。
F:Great advice. I'm going to have a look around downtown this weekend and do some research.
F:这个建议太棒了。我准备这个周末在市中心转转,好好考察一番。
重点词汇
pay a mortgage支付贷款
to pay off a mortgage 还清按揭贷款
state of the market市场行情
But he was worried about the state of the housing market, crucial for any home furnishings retailer.但他的担忧是房地产市场形势,这对任何做百叶窗生意的企业都至关重要。
up-and-coming有升值空间的
...his readiness to share the limelight with young, up-and-coming stars.…他愿意与年轻有为的明星们一起成为公众关注的焦点。
downtown市中心
...an office in downtown Chicago.…芝加哥市中心的一间办公室。