What I remember above all about Harvard...
我对哈佛的回忆主要都...
...was being in the midst of so much energy and intelligence.
...是身处在充满大量精力和智力的氛围中。
It could be exhilarating, intimidating, sometimes even discouraging but always challenging.
它令人振奋,令人感到有压力,有时甚至会感到泄气,但永远充满挑战。
It was an amazing privilege...
生活在哈佛是一种吸引人的特权...
...and though I left early,...
...虽然我提前离开,...
...I was transformed by my years at Harvard,...
...但我在这里的经历永远地改变了我,...
...the friendships I made and the ideas I worked on.
...那就是在这里结下的友谊和我曾经去实现过的想法。
But taking a serious look back,...
但认真回顾过去,...
...I do have one big regret.
...我确实有一大遗憾。
I left Harvard with no real awareness of the awful inequities in the world,...
我离开哈佛的时候根本没有意识到世界上可怕的不平等...
...the appalling disparities of health, and wealth, and opportunity...
...人类在健康、财富和机遇上的不平等大得可怕,...
...that condemn millions of people to lives of despair.
...它们使得无数人被迫生活在绝望之中。
I learned a lot here at Harvard about new ideas in Economics and Politics.
我在哈佛学到了很多经济学和政治学的新思想。
I got great exposure to the advances being made in the sciences.
我也了解了很多科学上的新进展。
But humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries...
但人类最大的进步并不在于这发现本身,...
...but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.
...而在于如何应用那些发现去帮助减少不平等现象。