服务英语·入境卡和海关申报单的填写 情景对话
Air crew(A):空中乘务人员
Traveler(T):旅客
1. 填写入境卡(1)
A: Sir, can I help you?
先生,有什么需要帮助吗?
T: Yes, this is my first time to America. I haven't filled in the entry card before. Can you tell me how to do it?
是的,这是我第一次去美国,我以前没有填写过入境卡,你能告诉我怎么做吗?
* * *
A: Certainly. Please write your surname here and your given name here with the first letter uppercase.
当然,请在这里填写您的姓及名,并且首字母要大写。
T: My surname and first name. First letter capitalized. OK.
我的姓和名,首字母大写,好了。
* * *
A: Then your nationality.
然后是你的国籍。
T: Oh, it's China.
哦,是中国。
* * *
A: Your passport number and country of origin.
你的护照号和原住地。
T: My passport number? Let me see. Oh, it's XXXXXXXXXXX. Country of origin, it must be China.
我的护照号?让我看一下,是××××××××××。原住地,是中国。
* * *
A: Your destination country, that is America, right?
你的前往国,是美国,对吧?
T: You bet.
是的。
* * *
A: Then the city where visa was issued and date of issue. These are on your visa. You can take a look at it.
然后是签证签发地和签发日期,这些在你的签证上,你可以先看一下。
T: Alright. Wait a moment, please.
好的,请稍等一下。
* * *
A: Take your time. That's OK.
慢慢来,没关系。
T: It's done. Then what's next?
好了,下一个是什么呢?
* * *
A: Then your date of birth, and accompanying number.
然后是你的出生日期和随行人数。
T: Wow, it's easy. I remember that.
哇,这个简单,我当然记得。
* * *
A: The last is your signature.
最后是你的签名。
T: The last one. Great. It's done. Thank you so much.
最后一个了,太好了。完成了,谢谢你。
* * *
A: You are welcome.
不客气。
2. 填写入境卡(2)
T: Excuse me.
打扰了。
A: Can I help you, sir?
有什么需要帮忙吗,先生?
* * *
T: Yes, I want to know what this means.
是的,我想知道这个是什么意思。
A: The city where you boarded?
登机城市吗?
* * *
T: Yes. What does this mean?
是的。这是什么意思?
A: It's the city where you got on the plane.
就是您登机的城市。
* * *
T: Oh, I see.
哦,我知道了。
A: We took off from Shanghai, so just write it down.
我们是从上海起飞的,所以写上海就好了。
* * *
T: But I took the plane from Beijing first and then took this connecting flight. So shall I write Beijing or Shanghai?
但是我在这之前先乘坐了从北京出发的飞机,然后才坐了这趟转接航班。那我是写北京还是上海呢?
A: The city printed on your ticket is Shanghai, so just write Shanghai.
您这张机票上写的登机城市就是上海,所以写上海就好了。
* * *
T: Ok, I see. Thank you.
好的,我知道了,谢谢你。
A: It's my pleasure.
不客气。
3. 填写入境卡(3)
T: May I have some entry cards and customs declarations?
我可以要一些入境卡和海关申报单吗?
A: Certainly. We'll be handing them out for passengers to fill out.
当然,我们马上把它们发给旅客填写。
* * *
T: OK. Do all of us have to fill the two forms out?
好的,我们每个人都要填写这两份表格吗?
A: It depends. Every passenger has to fill the entry card, but customs declaration is filled out by a family.
这不一定,每一位旅客都要填写入境卡,但是海关申报单每个家庭填一份就可以了。
* * *
T: I see. This is my first time to America, so I don't know how to fill them out. Can you help me in a while?
我知道了。这是我第一次去美国,所以我不知道要怎么填这两份表格,你一会儿可以帮我一下吗?
A: Sure. I'll hand them out now and then I'll come back to you. Is that OK?
当然可以。我现在要去分发表格了,然后一会儿我再回来找您,可以吗?
* * *
T: It's very nice of you.
你人真好。
A: Hello, sir. Do you need my help?
先生,需要我帮忙吗?
* * *
T: Oh, yes. It's just the time. I was wondering how to fill the customs declaration. City? It means which city we are going, doesn't it?
哦,是的。你来得正是时候。我想知道如何填写海关申报表。城市?它指的是我们将要去的城市,对吧?
A: Yes. We are going to Seattle.
是的。我们要去西雅图。
* * *
T: Can you tell me how to spell it?
你能告诉我怎么拼写吗?
A: It's S-E-A-T-T-L-E.
是SEATTLE。
* * *
T: OK. And State? I don't remember which state it belongs to.
好的。然后是州?我不记得它属于哪个州了。
A: It belongs to Washington State, sir.
它属于华盛顿州,先生。
* * *
T: Oh, correct.
哦,是的。
T: The primary purpose of this trip is BUSINESS... I don't know exactly. I come to US for training and I will also spend some days visiting my relatives in America.
此次旅程的主要目的是商务……我不太清楚,我来美国进行一个培训,然后我还会花几天时间探望在美国的亲戚。
A: I see. Then you should write“yes” here.
我知道了,那么您要填“是”。
* * *
T: OK, then. It's finished now. Thank you so much.
好了,那么就填完了。太谢谢你了。
A: You are welcome.
不客气。
4. 填写海关申报单(1)
A: What can I do for you, sir?
先生,有什么需要帮忙吗?
T: Yes, I was wondering how to answer this question of the customs declaration. My English is not very good.
是的,我想知道怎么回答海关申报单的这个问题,我的英语不是很好。
* * *
A: Number 15?
第15问吗?
T: Yes.
是的。
* * *
A: There are two alternatives and you have to choose one from them, sir. You are not American, aren't you?
这有两个选择,您必须要从中选一个。先生,您不是美国人吧?
T: No, I'm not.
是的,我不是。
* * *
A: Then you have to choose“visitors” and answer the question“the total value of all article that will remain in the U.S., including commercial merchandise, is”.
那么您就要选择“游客”,并且回答这个问题:“将留在美国境内的物品价值为(包含商品)”。
T: Oh, nothing. I am going for traveling, so I just take an camera and other personal articles for everyday use. I would rather take something from U.S. back to home than leave something in there.
哦,没有什么。我要去旅行,所以只自带了相机和其他的一些个人物品,日常使用的。我应该会从美国带点什么回家来,而不是把什么东西留在那里。
* * *
A: Then you could write zero here.
那么在这里写零就可以了。
T: OK. And what does this sentence mean? Do I need to write something here? But there is no blank if I need to write something here.
好的。那么这句话是什么意思?我需要在这里写什么吗?但是如果要写的话,这里没有空格呀。
* * *
A: It means that you have read the information of the reverse side of this form and you have finished the declaration according to it's requirements. So you don't need to write anything here, just sign below and write the date.
它的意思是您已经读过背面的说明了,并且已经根据它的要求申报完毕。所以这里不需要写什么,只需要在下面签上名字和日期就好了。
T: I see. My name and the date. Oh, what's the date today?
我知道了,我的名字,还有日期,哦,今天是几号?
* * *
A: It's October 10th. There is the date on your ticket and you can write in the same way and it meets the requirement.
今天是十月十号,在您的机票上有日期,您可以照着那个写下来就符合要求了。
T: It's great. It's very smart of you.
太好了,你真聪明。
* * *
A: Thank you, sir. Do you have any other questions?
谢谢您,先生。您还有其他问题吗?
T: No. Thanks a lot.
没有了,谢谢你。
* * *
A: You are welcome.
不客气。
5. 填写海关申报单(2)
T: Excuse me.
打扰一下。
A: Yes. Can I help you, madam?
女士,有什么需要帮忙吗?
* * *
T: Yes. I'm not very clear about these questions. Can you explain them to me?
是的,我不太清楚这几个问题,你能帮我解释一下吗?
A: Certainly. The first is asking whether you are taking fruits, vegetables, plants, seeds, food and insects to America.
当然,第一个是问您是否带了水果、蔬菜、植物、种子、食物或昆虫到美国。
* * *
T: I am just taking some apples. The apple is specialties of my hometown, so I want to take them to my customers.
我只带了一些苹果。因为苹果是我家乡的特产,所以想带给客户尝一下。
A: Then you write “yes” here.
那么您应该填“是”。
* * *
T: OK, what's the next?
好的,拿下一个呢?
A: It is asking whether you are taking meats or animal products like that.
这是问您是否带了肉类或动物制品。
* * *
T: No. I am taking nothing of meat.
没有,我没有带任何肉类。
A: OK. And the next question is asking whether you are taking disease agents, cell culture, or snails with you.
好的,下一个是问您是否带了病原体、细胞培养物或蜗牛。
* * *
T: It's so strange. I am not taking any kind of those things.
这太奇怪了,我没有带这几种东西里的任何一种。
A: The next is whether you are taking some soil or have you been on a farm or ranch outside the U.S.
下一个是问您是否带了土壤或是您是否去过美国境外的农场或牧场。
* * *
T: No. I don't like the countryside, so I avoid doing that.
没有,我不喜欢乡下,所以尽量避免这些事情。
A: Then you just write “no” here. Do you have any other questions?
那么您在这里写“没有”就可以了。您还有其他问题吗?
* * *
T: Yes, I want to know why customs declaration has such questions.
是的,我想问为什么海关报税单会问这些问题呢?
A: To avoid biotic invasion from other areas and to protect native flora and fauna and their ecotope.
是为了防止其他地区的生物入侵,并且保护当地的动植物和它们的生态环境。
* * *
T: Oh, I see. I understand, but I still think it's a little troublesome.
哦,我知道了,我理解但还是觉得有点麻烦。
A: I know. So do you have other questions?
我也知道,所以你还有其他问题吗?
* * *
T: No, thank you very much.
没有了,谢谢你了。
A: My pleasure.
不客气。