看“当幸福来敲门”台词学英语:第11讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:1001  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    -Chris: Twenty minutes. Absolutely.

    absolutely: 绝对地

    20分钟,当然了。

    -Mr. Ribbon: Just had someone cancel. Come then now. I can give you a few minutes before the 49ers.

    cancel: 取消 49ers: 旧金山市橄榄球队

    有个预约取消了,你现在就过来吧。我会在49人队比赛前给你几分钟时间。

    Monday night football, buddy.

    buddy<美俚>: 老兄

    老兄,周一晚上可是橄榄球比赛时间啊!

    -Chris: Yes, sir. Thank you very much.

    好的,先生。太感谢您了。

    -Mr. Ribbon: See you soon.

    那一会儿见。

    -Chris: Bye-bye. Excuse me. Thank you…

    再见。感谢您给我这个机会……

    -Frakesh: Chris, what's up?

    Chris,你好吗?

    -Chris: Hey, Mr. Frakesh.

    嘿,Frakesh先生!

    -Frakesh: Hey, man,do you have five minutes?

    老兄,有5分钟时间吗?

    -Chris: Actually I got a green light from Walter Ribbon…

    green light: 绿灯

    事实上,Walter Ribbon同意我去……

    -Frakesh: because I have no minutes. I'm supposed to present commodities to Bromer. Could you move my car?

    besupposed to: 要做某事 present: 展示 commodities: 商品

    因为我连一分钟都没,我要给Bromer做商品汇报,能帮我停下车吗?

    That'd really help me out. It's on Samson, half block, silver Caprice.

    block: 街区 silver: 银色的

    那就帮大忙了,车停在离这半个街区的Samson大街,是辆银色“雪弗莱随想”。

    Just move it to the other side. They're street sweeping. There're spaces.

    sweep:打扫 space: 空位

    只要把车停到马路另一侧就好。那儿刚扫完街,一定有空位。

    Hang on to these. I have backups in my desk. And you have to jimmy that.

    hang on: 抓紧,保留 backup: 备份 jimmy: 扭动

    钥匙你先拿着。我桌上还有备用的。钥匙不太灵光,记得扭一下。

    -Chris: Jimmy what?

    扭一下什么?

    -Frakesh: You have to Jimmy the key. And the other doors don't unlock. You have to jimmy it.

    unlock: 打开

    钥匙不灵光,要扭一下。另一个门锁死了,记得要扭一下。

    -Chris: Come on, I'm jimmying it. Oh, no! Come on.

    快点,我扭着呢!哦,不要!倒是开啊!

    -Secretary: Here's the file, Mr. Ribbon.

    file: 文件

    您要的文件,Ribbon先生。

    -Mr. Ribbon: Thank you. Oh, yeah, thanks. Great idea.

    谢谢。哦,谢谢,主意不错。

    -Chris: No, no, no!

    不,不,不,不!

    -Mr. Ribbon: Rachel, get Ristuccia on the phone for me, please.

    Rachel,替我打个电话找Ristuccia。

    -Chris: Hi.

    嗨!

    -Secretary: Hi.

    嗨。

    -Chris: I'm Chris Gardner. I have an appointment with Mr. Ribbon.

    appointment: 约会

    我是Chris Gardner,和Ribbon先生有个预约。

    -Secretary: Oh, you just missed him.

    miss: 错过

    噢,他刚走。

    -Chris: Oh, thank you.

    哦,谢谢。

    -Christopher: What's that?

    你在干什么?

    -Chris: Just filling out a check…paying some bills… and a parking ticket.

    fill out: 填表,开票 check: 支票 pay: 支付 bill: 账单 parking ticket: 停车罚单

    我在开支票……一些账单要付,停车罚单要付。

    -Christopher: We don't have a car anymore.

    我们没车呀!

    -Chris: Yep, I know. I'm gonna need to take you with me this weekend. A couple of doctors' offices. on sales calls, Okay?

    weekend: 周末 a couple of: 一些,几个 doctor: 医生 sales: 销售

    嗯,我知道。我这个周末要带上你去几个医生的办公室,推销,知道吗?

    -Christopher: Okay.

    知道了。

    -Chris: Then, possibly, we'll go to the football game.

    有可能……会带你去看橄榄球赛。

    -Christopher: Really?

    真的?

    -Chris: Possibly. All right?

    有可能。好不好?

    -Christopher: All right.

    好吧。

    -Chris: Come on, finish up.

    finish: 完成

    快点,快吃完。

    -Christopher: Are you sure?

    真的吗?

    -Chris: Possibly.

    呵,有可能。

    -Christopher: Really? Are you bringing it to the game?

    真的?你要带这个去看比赛吗?

    -Chris: Yeah, I don't wanna leave it. And maybe we're going to the game.

    leave: 留下 game: 比赛

    是的,我不想把它丢下。而且我们可能会去看比赛。

    -Christopher: Where are we going now?

    现在这是去哪儿?

    -Chris: To see someone about my job.

    去见个工作上的人。

    -Christopher: I don't understand.

    我不明白。

    -Chris: You don't understand what?

    不明白什么?

    -Christopher: Are we going to the game?

    我们到底去不去看比赛?

    -Chris: I said possibly we're going to the game. You know what “possibly” means?

    我说了有可能会去。知道什么是“有可能”吗?

    -Christopher: Like probably.

    就是“很可能”的意思。

    -Chris: No, “probably” means there's a good chance that we're going.

    mean: 意味着 chance: 机会,几率

    不,“很可能”是说去看比赛的几率很大。

    Possibly means we might, we might not. What does “probably” mean?

    有可能是说可能去,可能不去。很可能是什么意思?

    -Christopher: It means we have a good chance.

    是指可能性很大。

    -Chris: And what does “possibly” mean?

    那“有可能”呢?

    -Christopher: I know what it means.

    我知道是什么意思!

    -Chris: What does it mean?

    什么意思?

    -Christopher: It means that we're not going to the game.

    就是我们“不”会去看比赛!

    -Chris: How did you get so smart?

    smart: 聪明的

    你怎么这么聪明?

    -Christopher: Because you're smart.

    因为你很聪明。

    -Christopher: Are we there?

    到了吗?

    -Chris: Yeah. Mr. Ribbon.

    是的。Ribbon先生吗?

    -Mr. Ribbon: Yes?

    什么事?

    -Chris: How are you, sir? Chris Gardner. Dean Witter.

    您好,我是Chris Gardner,Dean Witter公司的。

    -Mr. Ribbon: Oh, hi. Hi.

    哦。嗨,嗨!

    -Chris: This is my son, Christopher.

    这是我儿子Christopher。

    -Christopher: Hi.

    嗨。

    -Mr. Ribbon: Hey, Christopher. what are you doing up here?

    嗨,Christopher。有什么事吗?

    -Chris: I came to apologize… for missing our appointment the other day.

    apologize: 道歉 miss: 错过 appointment: 约会

    我是为那天……失约而来道歉的。

    -Mr. Ribbon: You didn't need to come up.

    come up: 出现

    但是你没必要专程来的。

    -Chris: We were in the neighborhood visiting a very close friend and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for your time.

    neighborhood: 邻居 close friend: 好朋友 opportunity: 机会

    我们正好在这附近看一位好朋友。我只想借此机会向您表示感谢。多谢您腾出宝贵时间。

    I know you probably waited for me.

    我知道当时您可能在等我。

    -Mr. Ribbon: A little bit.

    只等了一会儿。

    -Chris: I want you to know that I do not take that for granted.

    take …for granted: 认为……理所当然

    我得说明,我完全没有“您应该等我”的意思。

    -Mr. Ribbon: Oh, come on. What's that?

    没事。那是什么?

    -Chris: Oh, it's an Osteo National bone-density scanner.

    bone: 骨骼 density: 密度 scanner: 扫描仪 prior: 先前的

    是Osteo National生产的骨质密度扫描仪。

    A company I bought into prior to going to work at Witter.

    一家我加入Dean Witter公司之前买进的公司。

    -Chris: I have a meeting after the game.

    meeting: 会议

    比赛后我有个会要参加。

    -Mr. Ribbon: You're going to the game?

    你们也去看比赛?

    -Chris: Yeah. .

    是的。

    -Christopher: Possibly.

    有可能。

    -Chris: Possibly.

    有可能。

    -Mr. Ribbon: We're going too. I'm taking my son, Tim, my 12-year-old. We were just leaving. Tim!

    我们也要去的。我要带我儿子Tim去,他12岁了。我们要出发了,Tim!

    -Chris: Listen, we'll get out of your way. Again, thank you very much, and I'm sorry about the other day.

    那……那我们不耽误您了。那天的事很抱歉,谢谢您了!

    And I hope that we can reschedule for later this week.

    reschedule: 重新安排时间

    希望我们这个星期晚些时候能再重新安排个时间见面。

    -Mr. Ribbon: You got it.

    没问题。

    -Chris: Thank you very much. You take care. Here, come on say bye-bye, Chris.

    take care: 保重

    太谢谢您了!多保重,来说再见,Chris。

    -Christopher: Bye.

    再见。

    -Mr. Ribbon: Bye, Christopher. Hey, you guys wanna come with us?

    再见,Christopher。想和我们一起去吗?

    -Chris: What…? To Candlestick?

    呃……去烛台球场吗?

    1

    seat: 座位

    我们现在就走,一起去吧!你们的座位在哪里?

    -Chris: We've… We're upper deck.

    upper: 上面的 deck: 甲板,露台

    我们……我们在顶层露台上。

    -Mr. Ribbon: We got a box. Come on. You wanna sit in the box?

    box: 包厢,盒子

    我们有个包厢,来吧!你想坐包厢吗?

    -Christopher: No.

    不……想。

    -Chris: It's not actually a box. It's, you know, a private section. It's more comfortable. You wanna go?

    private: 私人的 section: 部分 comfortable: 舒服的

    呵呵,不是说真的箱子,是个球场的专属区,看比赛更舒适些,想去吗?

    -Christopher: Okay.

    好啊。

    -Mr. Ribbon: Okay, kids in the back. Hey, why don't you just put that in your car?

    好了,孩子们坐后排。嘿,为什么不把那东西留在你车里?

    -Chris: Yeah, okay. Sure, sure.

    呃……好……好啊……好啊。

    -Christopher: We don't have a car.

    我们没车。

    -Chris: Oh, my…

    噢!我的……

    -Mr. Ribbon: What happened?

    怎么了?

    -Chris: I think I got stung by a bee.

    stung(sting的过去式): 刺,蛰 bee: 蜜蜂

    大概被蜜蜂蜇了。

    -Mr. Ribbon: You all right?

    还好吗?

    -Chris: Oh, yeah. Goodness. I'm fine.

    是的,我很好。没事。

    -Mr. Ribbon: You're not allergic or anything?

    allergic: 敏感的

    你对这个不过敏吧?

    -Chris: No, no, no.

    不。不,不。

    -Mr. Ribbon: Where'd he get you?

    蜇到哪儿了?

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“当幸福来敲门”台词学英语:第10讲 下一篇:看“当幸福来敲门”台词学英语:第12讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)