今天的这段对话,在讨论跨国婚姻,
越来越多的中国人嫁给了外国人,你怎么看待跨国婚姻
来听今天的讲解:
A: more and more Chinese are marrying foreigners.
越来越多的中国人嫁给了外国人。
B: that's true. But I have a low opinion of those women who go out with foreigners.
是啊,但是我挺鄙视那些和外国人在一起的女人的。
A: oh, why?
啊?为什么啊?
B: I think some Chinese wonem marry foreigners for money while others just want to live abroad. There is no true love between them.
我觉得有些人嫁给外国人是为了钱,有些人是为了去国外定居,反正他们之间没有真爱。
A: I wouldn't say that's totally true. I've met many happy intercultural couples.
也不全是吧。我见过很多幸福的跨国夫妻。
B: well, then why aren't there many East-West couples where the man is a Chinese and the woman is a Westerner?
那为什么没有多少夫妻,男方是中国人,女方是外国人呢?
A: I guess it's because the Chinese women are more attractive to Western men.
可能是因为中国女人对外国男人更有吸引力吧。
B: or because they are less attractive to to Chinese men.
或者这些女人对中国男人没那么有吸引力吧。
A: what do you mean?
怎么说?
B: you know, usually the woman is in her thirties and she is a left girl.
这些女人大约三十多岁,是剩女。
A: a left girl? What's that?
剩女?什么意思啊?
B: they're called that because they're left behind on the shelf. They're also known by their three H's---high diploma, high salary, and high degree.
这么说,因为他们是别人挑剩下的。她们有三高:高文凭,高工资,高学位。
A: and they're also known as the three S's—single, stuck, and born in the seventies.
还有人说她们有三难:单身,高不成低不就,出生在70年代后。
B: definitely! So most of these women go for Western men.
的确!所以这些人就把目标转向了外国人。
A: you have a point here, but I believe some mixed marriages are based on true love.
也许吧。但是有些跨国婚姻还是有真爱的。
B: that' for sure but very few.
那是,不过很少。