地道美语听力播客:雇佣职业杀手
教程:地道美语听力播客  浏览:684  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    Gus: Are you Shirley?

    你是雪莉吗?

    Shirley: Yeah, thanks for agreeing to meet me here. I’m told you’re the best sniper in thebusiness and you can be discreet. I need a hitman who can do a job, then make himselfscarce.

    是啊,谢谢你同意在这儿喝我碰面。有人告诉我你是很棒的狙击手。你很谨慎。我需要一个杀手为我做件事,然后消失。

    Gus: I’m your man. Tell me about it.

    我听你的。告诉我需要做什么。

    Shirley: There’s someone who’s been a thorn in my side, keeping me up at night, and it’s timeto take him out.

    有个人一直是我的眼中钉,他晚上让我睡不着觉,是时候收拾他了。

    Gus: Taking care of problems is my specialty. I’ll need a down payment now and the balancewhen I finish him off. We shouldn’t meet again, so I’ll tell you later where to make a drop.

    照顾的问题,是我的特长。我需要现在首付和平衡,当我完成他送行。我们不应该满足了,所以以后我会告诉你在哪里下降。

    Shirley: All right.

    好的。

    Gus: Good. How will I be able to spot the target?

    好的。我如何能够发现目标?

    Shirley: Here’s a picture. He’s usually in the yard in the afternoons.

    这是照片。他通常下午在院子里。

    Gus: You want me to kill a dog?!

    你要我去杀一条狗?

    Shirley: Right, he’s my neighbor’s dog and he keeps me up every night. Is that a problem?

    是的,他是我邻居的狗,他让我每天晚上都睡不着觉。这不是问题吧?

    Gus: You bet it is. Who do you think I am? People are disposable, but dogs? They’re a man’sbest friend.

    你打赌要杀它。你认为我是什么人?人是可任意处理的,但狗吗?它们是人类最好的朋友。

    Shirley: Are you kidding me? You won’t take the job?

    你在开玩笑吧?你不会接受这份工作?

    Gus: Nope, I won’t. If you want to pay good money to take out a dog, then that’s yourprerogative, but I have my standards!

    不,我不会。如果你想付很多钱去杀一条狗,那是你的特权,但我有我的标准!

    sniper n. 狙击兵; 狙击手 discreet adj. 小心的 hitman n. 职业杀手 I’m your man. 我听你的。 a thornin my side 我的眼中钉 spot v.发现 disposable adj. 可任意处理的 pay good money 付很多钱prerogative n. 特权

    0/0
      上一篇:地道美语听力播客:睡眠遇到问题 下一篇:地道美语听力播客:风险投资

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)