切里斯:老天!凌晨2点就惊魂未定!
Don: At least we got out of our room before itflooded. It serves us right for planning a vacationhere during the rainy season. Our luggage isprobably soaked.
唐:最起码在洪水到来之前我们逃出了房间。对我们的雨季度假计划而言,这可太令人不爽了。我们的行李大概都泡在水里了。
Cherise: Oh, no, I’d forgotten about our clothes. Ifthe water doesn’t recede soon, everything will have mold and mildew on it.
切里斯:啊?不。我把衣服都落下了。如果水在短时间内不退去,衣服就要发霉了。
Don: The sump pumps are working as we speak. Hopefully, we can retrieve our stuff soon.
唐:在我们说话的时候,污水泵一刻也没闲着。希望能尽快找回我们的东西。
Cherise: Maybe I should go downstairs and try to salvage what I can, before things getwashed away.
切里斯:在洪水把东西冲走之前,也许我该到楼下尽量捡一些回来。
Don: What?! You could drown in all that water. Forget it!
唐:什么?你会被洪水吞没的。拉倒吧!
Cherise: Drown in three feet of water? Don’t be silly.
切里斯:被3英尺深的洪水吞没?你可真会开玩笑。
Don: I’ve seen you swim. Come on, let’s just wait until we get the go-ahead.
唐:我知道你的游泳水平。稍安勿躁,我们只需等到危险解除的信号就可以了。
Cherise: I still think I should try.
切里斯:我还是觉得该试一试。
Don: I have one word for you: snakes.
唐:送你一个词:没事找事。
Cherise: Enough said!
切里斯:别说了!