参考译文
Paula: Did you get an invitation to Kip and Sheri's wedding?
宝拉:你被邀请去参加奇普和雪莉的婚礼了吗?
Robert: Yeah, I did. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the two of them getting married. Never in my wildest dreams would I put those two together. It boggles my mind that they're in the least compatible.
罗伯特:是的,我被邀请了。我仍然不敢相信他们两个要结婚了。我做梦都不会想到把他们两个放在一起,让我困惑的是他们两个可是一点都合不来啊。
Paula: What do you mean?
宝拉:你什么意思?
Robert: Sheri is really adventurous and definitely a thrill-seeker.
罗伯特:雪莉是那种喜欢冒险,喜欢寻求刺激的人。
Paula: Maybe she's mellowed over the years.
宝拉:也许她这么多年变得成熟稳重了。
Robert: I don't think so, and Kip is the opposite. He's always toed the line and I don't think he has an adventurous bone in his body.
罗伯特:我不这样认为,而且奇普性格和她正相反。他总是循规蹈矩,我可不认为他骨子里有任何冒险细胞。
Paula: I've never thought of Kip as being uptight.
宝拉:我从不知道奇普这么保守。
Robert: No, he's not uptight. He's just very cautious. You'd never find him looking for an adrenaline rush or even a little novelty.
罗伯特:不是,他不是保守,他只是很谨慎,你不会发现他有任何冲动或寻求任何刺激的行为。
Paula: You know what they say: opposites attract.
宝拉:你知道的这就是他们所说的异性相吸啊。
Robert: If that's true, then in their case, polar opposites attract!
罗伯特:如果真是这样,那以他们来说就是,对立相吸啦。
听力原文
Paula:Did you get an invitation to Kip and Sheri's wedding?
Robert:Yeah, I did. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the two of them getting married. Never in my wildest dreams would I put those two together. It boggles my mind that they're in the least compatible.
Paula:What do you mean?
Robert:Sheri is really adventurous and definitely a thrill-seeker.
Paula:Maybe she's mellowed over the years.
Robert:I don't think so, and Kip is the opposite. He's always toed the line and I don't think he has an adventurous bone in his body.
Paula:I've never thought of Kip as being uptight.
Robert:No, he's not uptight. He's just very cautious. You'd never find him looking for an adrenaline rush or even a little novelty.
Paula: You know what they say: opposites attract.
Robert:If that's true, then in their case, polar opposites attract!