M:Did you hear about Joy She hasn't eaten for days.
M:你听说乔的事了吗?她已经几天没有吃东西了。
F:Why? What's eating her?
F:为什么?有什么事困扰她吗?
M:Love sick. You know who she's in love with?
M:害相思病。你知道她喜欢上谁了吗?
F:I don't have the slightest idea.
F:我完全没头绪。
M:Someone you're living with.
M:和你住在一起的人。
F:What? Not my Dad,I hope!?
F:什么?我希望不会是我爸爸吧!?
M:Come on,Mary,it's your brother,Jack.
M:拜托,玛莉,是你哥杰克。
F:No kidding!Jack is such a log! He's never dated a girl.
F:别开玩笑了,杰克是个呆子。他从来没有和女孩子约过会。
M:The problem with Jo is that she's too shy to tell him.
M:问题是,乔她太害羞了,不敢告诉杰克。
F:And the problem with Jack is that he seems to have no interest in girls. He's putting his heart into his stamp colleetron.
F:而杰克的问题是,他对女孩子好像没有兴趣,他迷上集邮了。
M:Well,if you want to help your friend,you should do something about it.
M:不过,如果你想帮帮朋友,就做做你哥哥的工作吧!
重点词汇
lovesick相思病
...a lovesick boy consumed with self-pity....一个顾影自怜的单相思男孩。
be in love with爱上某人
Be in love with your life.热爱你的生活。
put one's heart into一心扑在……上
One needs to put one's heart and mind into one's work.吾人必须将心思投注在工作上。