M:嘿,麦克,詹妮和我们一起去吗?
F:Yes. Why?
F:是啊,怎么了?
M:Nothing. I'm just asking.
M:没怎么,就是问问。
F:Just asking? But why is your face burning like mad? Ah-huh,someone has a crush on Jenny,doesn't he?
F:问问?那你脸怎么那么红啊?啊哈,某人爱上詹妮了,对不对?
M:Who has a crush?!
M:谁爱上她了?!
F:Come on,Ted,don't be such a chicken. If you like her,you've got to tell her. Maybe she likes you.
F:得了吧,特德,别这么胆小啦。如果你喜欢她就告诉她嘛。也许她也喜欢你呢。
M:Well,I don't have the guts to ask her out.
M:我不敢约她出来。
F:What're you so afraid oft Just tell her what you're feeling about her.
F:你怕什么呢?就告诉她你对她的感觉呗。
M:I'd totally die if she turned me down.
M:如果她拒绝我,我会死的。
F:But that's better than keeping everything to yourself. You've got to let her know. Come on!You've got to take a chance!Even though you are rejected,it's not the end of the world!There's nothing to lose,is there?
F:那也比你闷在心里强啊。你一定要让她知道。来吧,试一下!就算你被拒绝了,也不是世界末日啊。也不会失去什么,对吧?
M:I don't know... Well,maybe,you're right,but how am I going to tell her?
M:我不知道。也许你是对的,但是我怎么跟她说呢?
重点词汇
have a crush on sb.喜欢某人;迷恋某人
I have a crush on sb.我迷恋上了某人。
chicken[侄]胆小鬼;懦夫
I'm scared of the dark. I'm a big chicken.我很怕黑。我是个十足的胆小鬼。
gut【口】勇气;胆量;毅力
The new governor has the guts to push through unpopular tax increases.新任州长有胆量强制通过不得人心的增税方案通过。
turn down拒绝
I thanked him for the offer but turned it down.我感谢他的好意,但拒绝了他。
take a chance冒险;碰运气
If you find yourself avoiding new opportunities and disregarding problems it’s time to take a chance. 如果你发现自己正在回避新的机遇,或逃避面对问题,这时就该冒险了。
even though即使;虽然
Even though away from us his spirit was still with us.尽管离开了我们,他的灵魂还是与我们同在。
reject拒绝;抵制
The rejection of such initiatives by no means indicates that voters are unconcerned about the environment.对这些提案的不同意决不意味着选民们不关心环境。