2分钟英语课堂:历史人物 Historical Figures
教程:2分钟英语  浏览:3434  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    Introduction

    简介

    In this lesson, we will study how to talk to someone about historical figures.

    本节课我们将学习怎样和他人讨论历史人物。

    Talking About Gandhi

    讨论甘地

    Kate: Hey, John! What are you reading?

    凯特:嘿,约翰!你在读什么?

    John: I’m reading a book on Gandhi.

    约翰:我在看一本关于甘地的书。

    Kate: Oh! Is it good ?

    凯特:奥!好看吗?

    John: Yeah, it’s really good. Gandhi inspires me deeply. He led India to independence.

    约翰:好看,这本书很好。我深受甘地的启发。他领导印度独立。

    Kate: Well, that must’ve been hard.

    凯特:那一定肯艰难。

    John: It was hard. But do you know he didn’t use any force or weapons? He just believed in non-violent civil disobedience.

    约翰:很艰难。但是你知道吗?他们有使用任何军队和武器。他相信非暴力不合作的原则。

    Kate: That’s inspiring. If only there were more people like him these days!

    凯特:很受启发,如果现在有更多像他一样的人就好了。

    Talking About Thomas Edison

    谈论托马斯爱迪生

    Kate: Hey Chris, I need your help with something.

    凯特:嘿,克丽丝,我需要你的帮助。

    Chris: Sure! What is it?

    克丽丝:没问题,什么事?

    Kate: We were having a Science class and my teacher asked me about Edison. I didn’t know anything about him so I got really embarrassed.

    凯特:我们上科学课的时候老师问我关于爱迪生的问题,我对他一点都不了解,所以我尴尬死了。

    Chris: That’s bad, Kate. He’s such a popular historical figure.

    克丽丝:太糟糕了,凯特。他很受人们欢迎的历史人物啊。

    Kate: I’m not good in History. Who was he?

    凯特:我历史不好,他是谁啊?

    Chris: Thomas Alva Edison. The guy invented electricity, Kate!

    克丽丝:托马斯·阿尔瓦·爱迪生,那个发明灯泡的人啊,凯特!

    Kate: Oh, great! I’m even more embarrassed now.

    凯特:太好了!我现在更尴尬了。

    Talking About Abraham Lincoln

    讨论亚伯拉罕·林肯

    Chris: Hey John! I heard you were reading a book about Gandhi.

    克丽丝:嘿,约翰!听说你在看一本关于甘地的书。

    John: Yes, I was. But I want to read more about Abraham Lincoln now. Do you know anything about him?

    约翰:是的,我看过。但是我现在想看一些关于亚伯拉罕·林肯的书,你知道他吗?

    Chris: Of course! He is my favorite president.在他被刺杀后

    克丽丝:当然,他是我最喜欢的总统了。

    John: He’s everyone’s favorite president I guess. The whole country was in shock after his assassination.

    约翰:我想他是每个人最爱的总统。在他被刺杀后全国都震惊了。

    Chris: I can only imagine the commotion after the shock. What’s sad is that he was killed by an actor.

    克丽丝:我能想象刺杀事件后的慌乱情景。他被一名演员杀害了,太伤心了。

    John: I know. That’s really sad. John Wilkes Booth, right?

    约翰:我知道,真是很难过。约翰温克彭斯,是吗?

    Chris: That’s right. Hey, did you watch the latest movie about Lincoln?

    克丽丝:是的。嘿,你看了最新的关于林肯的电影了吗?

    John: I did. It’s awesome. Daniel Day-Lewis is an inspiration for us actors.

    约翰:我看了。非常棒。丹尼尔·戴-刘易斯是我们演员的灵感

    Chris: He’s amazing. I’ll watch it this weekend.

    克丽丝:他太棒了,我这周会看的。

    Talking About Mother Teresa

    谈论德蕾莎修女

    Kate: Hey Bob, tell me the name of a historical figure you admire.

    凯特:嘿,鲍勃,跟我说谁你最敬佩的历史人物吧。

    Bob: Just like that?! Hmm...okay...I know: Mother Teresa!

    鲍勃:就这样?呃……好的…我最敬佩德蕾莎修女。

    Kate: Who was she?

    凯特:他是谁?

    Bob: You don’t know?! Well, she was a nun and a missionary. She devoted herself to working among the really poor people.

    鲍勃:你不知道?好吧,他是一名修女,也是传教士。他致力于帮助贫穷的人民。

    Kate: Where was she from? And when was she born?

    凯特:他是哪里人?他什么时候出生的?

    Bob: Gee! Gimme a break. I’m not Google. But why do you ask?

    鲍勃:天!等一下,我又不是百度知道,但是你为什么问这些?

    Kate: Just asking. I need to learn more about historical figures.

    凯特:就是问问,我需要了解更多的历史人物。

    Bob: Oh, I see. What you need is to read more, girl!

    鲍勃:哦,我知道了。你需要的是多读书,姑娘!

    0/0
      上一篇:2分钟英语课堂:买家具 Buying Furniture 下一篇:2分钟英语课堂:讨论你的家庭 Talking about your family

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)