看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第10讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:1312  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    -Andy: It's called a rock blanket. It's for shaping and polishing rocks.

    rock blanket: 石垫 shape: 塑造 polish: 擦亮

    这是纱纸,打磨石头用的,

    A little hobby of mine.

    hobby: 业余爱好

    这是我的小嗜好。

    -Hadley: It's pretty clean. Some contraband here, but nothing to get in a twist over.

    contraband: 违禁品 twist: 古怪

    相当干净,看来没什么古怪的。

    -Norton: I can't say I approve of this. But I suppose… exceptions can be made.

    approve: 赞同

    这是未经我批准的,但是……凡事总有例外。

    -Hadley: Lock them up!

    锁门!

    -Norton: I almost forgot. I'd hate to deprive you of this. Salvation lies within.

    deprive: 剥夺 salvation: 拯救

    差点忘记了,我不能取走它的,救赎之道就在其中。

    -Andy: Yes, sir.

    是的,先生。

    -Red: Tossing cells was just an excuse. Truth is… Norton wanted to size Andy up.

    查房其实只是个藉口。事实上,Norton是想考察一下。

    -Norton: My wife made that in church group.

    church: 教堂

    我太太在教堂做的。

    -Andy: Very nice, sir.

    很不错,先生。

    -Norton: You enjoy working the laundry?

    laundry: 洗衣房

    喜欢洗衣房的工作吗?

    -Andy: No, sir. Not especially.

    不,先生,不是特别喜欢。

    -Norton: Perhaps we can find something more… befitting a man of your education

    befitting: 适合的,适当的

    或许我们能做点别的……利用你的学识。

    -Andy: Hey, Jake. Where's Brooks?

    Jake,Brooks呢?

    -Brooks: I thought I heard you out here.

    我听到你来了。

    -Andy: I've been reassigned to you.

    reassign: 重行委派

    我来跟你工作。

    -Brooks: I know, they told me. Ain't that a kick in the head?

    ain't: =is not kick: 踢

    我知道,他们跟我说了。也是被踢伤的吗?

    Well, I'll give you the dime tour. Come on.

    dime tour: 【带你看看】[Anything perfect, usually the looks of a girl --from Urban dictionary]

    我来带你看看吧。来吧,

    Well, here she is. The Shaw shank Prison Library.

    就在这儿,肖申克监狱图书馆。

    National Geographics… Reader's Digest condensed books…

    National Geographic: 《国家地理》 digest: 摘要 condense: 浓缩 geographic: 地理学上的

    《国家地理》……《读者文摘》……

    …and Louis L'Amour. Look magazine. Erle Stanley Gardners.

    爱情小说……杂志……园艺指南,

    Every evening I load up the cart and make my rounds.

    load up: 装满 cart: 手推车

    每晚我推车四处走。

    I enter the names on this clipboard here. Easy, peasy, Japanese-y. any questions?

    clipboard: 写字夹板 easy peasy: 【很简单】[very easy from—urban dictionary]

    名字写在这板上,很容易的工作,有问题吗?

    -Andy: How long have You been librarian?

    librarian: 图书管理员

    你当了多久的图书管理员。

    -Brooks: I come here in '05, and they made me librarian in 1912.

    我1905年入狱,1912年在此工作。

    -Andy: And have you ever had an assistant?

    assistant: 助手

    你一直都有助手吗?

    -Brooks: No. Not much to it, really.

    没有,工作不是那么忙。

    -Andy: Why me? Why now?

    那为什么现在让我来?

    -Brooks: I don't know. But it'd be nice to have some company down here.

    我不知道。但我很高兴有个伴

    -Hadley: That's him. That's the one.

    就是他。

    -Dekins: I'm Dekins. I was thinking…

    我叫Dekins,我想……

    about setting up some kind of trust fund for my kids' educations.

    为儿子申请助学金。

    -Andy: I see. Why don't we have a seat and talk it over.

    我明白了。坐下来谈好吗?

    Do you have a piece of paper and a pencil? Thanks.

    你有纸和笔吗?谢谢。

    So… Mister Dekins…

    那么,Dekins先生。

    -Brooks: And then Andy says, “ Mr. Dekins…

    接着Andy问Dekins,

    do you want your sons to go to Harvard or Yale?”

    你想让你的儿子去哈佛还是耶鲁?

    -Heywood: He didn't say that!

    他没有这样说!

    -Brooks: As God as my witness! Dekins blinked for a second…

    witness: 证人

    上帝可以作证,Dekins愣了一会儿。

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第9讲 下一篇:看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第11讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)