看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第16讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:808  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    complete with a fine selection of Hank Williams…“

    complete with: 具有 selection: 精选品

    那里有最好的Hank Williams唱片集。”

    “That was also when Warden Norton instituted his famous ”Inside Out“ program.”

    institute: 制定 program: 计划

    “那也是Norton典狱长发展大计的一年,推广他著名的”内在改造“计划。”

    “You may remember reading about it. It made the papers and got his picture in Look magazine.”

    “你可能从报纸上读到过,所有的媒体都刊出他的照片。”

    -Warden: it's no free ride, but rather a genuine progressive advance, in corrections and rehabilitation.

    free ride: 自由通过 genuine: 真正的 progressive: 进步的 advance:进步 correction: 改正的地方 rehabilitation: 改造(罪犯)等

    这不是放任的方式,而是一种真正的进步,让犯人恢复道德。

    Our inmates properly supervised will be put to work outside these walls,

    inmate: 同室者 properly: 适当地 supervise: 监督

    收容人被适当的监督,使他们能在外面工作,

    performing all manner of public service.

    perform: 做 public service: 公共服务

    为大众服务。

    These men can learn the value of an honest day's labor and provide a service to the community…

    value: 价值 labor: 劳动 provide: 提供 community: 社会

    他们会懂得劳动的价值,为社会服务的诚实劳动。

    and at a bare minimum of expense to Mr. And Mrs. John Q. Taxpayer.

    bare: 极少的 minimum: 最低限度的 taxpayer: 纳税人

    在最低耗支情况下,来利用纳税人的金钱。

    Of course he didn't tell the press that “bare minimum of expense” is a fairly loose term.

    of course: 当然 press: 新闻界 fairly: 相当地 loose: 不精确的 term: 术语

    当然,Norton没有跟报界说,“最低耗支”其实是相当不确切的说法。

    There are 100 different ways to skim off the top. Men, materials, you name it. And oh, my Lord, how the money rolled in!

    skim off: 瞒报 materials: 原料 name it: 讲出来 roll in: 滚滚而来

    有很多办法能瞒天过海的,人力,物力,你说多少就多少。上帝,钱是这样滚入!

    -Contractor: At this rate, you'll put me out of business. With this pool of slave labor, you can underbid any contractor in town.

    at this rate: 照这样下去(在这种情况下) put out of business: 迫使停业(导致生意失败) underbid: 出较低的价钱 contractor: 承包商

    继续这样,我不用干了。有这些劳工,你可比这镇上的承包商出更低价。

    -Warden: We're providing a valuable community service.

    valuable: 有价值的 community service: 社区服务

    我们提供有用的社区劳务。

    -Contractor: That's fine for the papers, but I've got a family to feed.

    对报界来说很动听,但我要养家活口的。

    We go back a long way.

    我们走得太远。

    I need this highway contract. I don't get it and I go under. That's a fact.

    highway: 公路 contract: 合约 go under: 破产

    我需要这份公路的合同,如果拿不到我就完了。

    You have some of this fine pie, my missus made for you. You think about that.

    missus: (已婚的)…夫人

    尝尝我的妻子给你特制的陷饼吧,好好考虑一下。

    -Warden: I wouldn't worry too much about this contract. I already got my boys committed elsewhere.

    committed: 调拨

    如果我是你对此合同并不担心,我已把人手派至别处。

    You be sure and thank Maisie for this fine pie.

    Maisie: 梅齐(Margaret 的昵称)

    谢谢你太太的糕饼。

    -Red: And behind every shady deal, behind every dollar earned, there was Andy, keeping the books.

    shady deal:见不得人的勾当 shady: 不光彩的 keep the books: 记账

    每笔暗盘交易下,赚来的每一分钱,都是由Andy来作记录的。

    -Andy: Two deposits. Maine National and New England First. Night drops as always, sir.

    deposit: 存款 as always: 一如既往

    两笔存款,文尼国际和新格兰,一天又过去了。

    -Warden: Get my stuff to the laundry. Two suits for dry-clean and a bag of whatnot.

    stuff: 东西 laundry: 洗衣店 suit: 套装 whatnot: 放古董的架子

    把我的东西拿到洗衣房,两套衣服要干洗的,还有架上的袋子。

    If they over-starch my shirts again, they'll hear from me. How do I look?

    starch: 给…上浆

    如果他们再把我的衬衫浆过了头,有他们好受的。我看上去怎么样?

    -Andy: Very Nice.

    很不错。

    -Warden: Big charity to-do up Portland way. Governor will be there.

    charity: 慈善机关 to-do: 要做的事 governor: 管理者

    这是盛大的慈善晚会,州长也会出席。

    You want the rest of this? Woman can't bake worth shit.

    bake: 烤

    你要剩下的这些吗?烤的太难吃。

    -Andy: Thank you, sir.

    谢谢,长官。

    -Red: He's got his fingers in a lot of pies, from what I hear.

    我听说这样的派,他收了不少。

    -Andy: He's got scams you haven't even dreamed of. Kickbacks on his kickbacks.

    scam: 诡计 kickback: 回扣

    他有你想象不到的手段,回扣、酬金。

    A river of dirty money running through here.

    黑钱像河一样流过这里。

    -Red: Sooner or later, he'll have to explain where it came from.

    sooner or later: 迟早 explain: 解释

    但他迟早得解释钱是从何而来的。

    -Andy: That's where I come in. I channel it. Filter it. Funnel it.

    channel: 引导 filter: 过滤 funnel: 注入

    这就是我牵涉其中的原因,我安排了一切来过滤。

    Stocks, securities, tax-free municipals.

    stocks: 股票 securities: 有价证券 tax-free: 免税的 municipals: 市政债券

    股票、债券、市政免税。

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第15讲 下一篇:看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第17讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)