决定给我一个好工作
So I never went back to work for Lieutenant Dan,
所以我不再回去和Dan中尉一起工作了
though he did take care of my Bubba Gump money.
但他继续打理着我们Bubba·甘公司的财产
He got me invested in some kind of fruit company.
invest: 投资
他替我买了一家卖苹果的公司的股票
So then I got a call from him
后有他打电话给我
saying we don't have to worry about money no more,
说我们再也不用担心没钱花了
and I said, That's good. One less thing.
我说:“好啊,又少一件麻烦事”
-Music: “ I've got a new hope… ”
. 我有了新的希望…
-Gump: Now Mama said there's only so much fortune
妈妈说过财产不用太多
a man really needs,
一个人用不了多少
and the rest is just for showing off.
show off: 炫耀
多余的钱只是用来炫耀
So I gave a whole bunch of it
bunch: 群
所以我拿出一大堆
to the Four square Gospel Church…
给四方福音教堂…
and I gave a whole bunch to the Bayou La Batre Fishing Hospital…
又拿出一大堆给拉巴特湾渔场医院…
and even though Bubba was dead
虽然Bubba已经死了
and Lieutenant Dan said I was nuts,
be nuts: 傻里傻气
Dan中尉也说我是笨蛋
I gave Bubba's mama Bubba's share.
我还是把Bubba那一份给了Bubba的妈妈
You know what?
你猜怎么着?
She didn't have to work in nobody's kitchen no more.
她再也不用去任何人家的厨房干活了
That smells wonderful.
那感觉真不错
And 'cause I was a billionaire
因为我成了亿万富翁
and I liked doing it so much,
并且我喜欢干活
I cut that grass for free.
我免费帮他们割草
But at night time when there was nothing to do
但到了晚上无事可干
and the house was all empty,
房子空空荡荡的
I'd always think of Jenny.
我会经常想念Jenny
And then… she was there.
然后…她就出现了
-Jenny: Hello, Forrest.
你好,Forrest
-Gump: Hello, Jenny.
你好,Jenny
Jenny came back and stayed with me.
Jenny回来与我一起住
Maybe it was because she had no where else to go,
也许因为她没什么别的地方可去了
or maybe it was because she was so tired
也许因为她太累了
'cause she went to bed and slept and slept
因为她总是在睡觉
like she hadn't slept in years.
好象她多年没睡觉了
It was wonderful having her home.
有她在家真好
Every day we'd take a walk,
每天我们都散步
and I'd jabber on like a monkey in a tree,
jabber: 快而含糊地说
我不停地跟她说话
and she'd listen about Ping-Ponging and shrimping
她听我说乒乓球和捕虾
and Mama making a trip up to heaven.
还有妈妈去天堂的事
I did all the talking.
我不停地说
Jenny most of the time was real quiet.
Jenny总是很安静
-Jenny: How could you do this?
你怎么能这么做?
-Gump: Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks.
rock: 岩石
有时我想石头会不够用
I never really knew why she came back,
我一直不知道她为什么回来
but I didn't care.
但我不介意
It was like olden times.
就象昔日重来
We was like peas and carrots again.
我们又形影不离了
Every day, I'd pick pretty flowers
每天我都会采来好看的花
and put them in her room for her,
放在她的房间里
and she gave me the best gift anyone could ever get
而她给了我人所能得到的最好的礼物
in the wide world.
在整个世界里
They're made just for running.
这是最适合跑步的
-Music: “ Carry me home to see my kin ”
带我回家见亲朋。
-Gump: And she even showed me how to dance.
他还教我如何跳舞
-Music: “I miss ol'Bammy once again ”
我又想起老朋友。
“And I think it's a sin ”
我不再对他不起。
“ Sweet home Alabama… ”
亚拉巴马我的家…
-Gump: Well, we was like family, Jenny and me…
我们就象一家人,Jenny和我…
and it was the happiest time in my life.
那是我一生最快乐的时光
-Jenny: You done watching it?
你看还要看吗?
I'm going to bed.
我要去睡了
-Gump: Will you marry me?
你能嫁给我吗?
I'd make a good husband, Jenny.
我会做个好丈夫的,Jenny
-Jenny: You would, Forrest.
你会的,Forrest
-Gump: But you won't marry me.
但你不能嫁给我
-Jenny:You don't want to marry me.
你不愿意嫁给我
-Gump: Why don't you love me, Jenny?
你为什么不爱我,Jenny?
I'm not a smart man,
我不是很聪明
but I know what love is.
但我知道什么是爱
Jenny…
Jenny…
-Jenny: Forrest, I do love you.
Forrest,我真的爱你
Where are you running off to?
那你为什么要跑?
-Jenny: I'm not running.
我没有跑
-Gump: That day,
那一天
for no particular reason,
不知什么原因
I decided to go for a little run.
我决定出去跑一趟
So I ran to the end of the road,
所以我跑到路的尽头
and when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town.
当我到达那里,我想也许我能跑到城边
-Reporter: President Carter, suffering from heat exhaustion…
heat exhaustion: 中暑 exhaustion: 精疲力竭
Carter总统因中暑病倒…
And when I got there,
而当我到达那里
I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County.
我想也许我能跑遍绿茵县
Now, I figured since I'd run this far,
这时我想既然我跑了那么远
maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama.
也许我可以跑遍亚拉巴马州
And that's what I did.
我就这么做了
I ran clear across Alabama.
我横越整个亚拉巴马
No particular reason. I just kept on going.
不知什么原因,我继续跑
I ran clear to the ocean.
我一直跑到大海
And when I got there,
当我到达那里
I figured since I'd gone this far,
我想既然我跑了那么远
might as well turn around, just keep on going.
turn around: 转头
也许不如掉头继续跑
And when I got to another ocean,
然后当我跑到另一个大海
I figured since I'd gone this far…
我想既然我跑了那么远…
I might as well just turn back
我也许不如掉头
and keep right on going.
继续跑下去
when I got tired, I slept.
当我累了,我就睡觉
when I got hungry, I ate.
当我饿了,我就吃饭
When I had to go…
当我想去…
you know…
你知道…
I went.
我就去
-Old woman: And so…
所以…