职场社交42撤资
教程:职场社交  浏览:907  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    SCENE① C 艾文跌跌撞撞进了文斯的隔间
    【撤资】
    Vince: I just talked with the venture capitalists. If we don't follow Zina's timeline, they'll pull the plug.
    文斯: 我才跟我们的投资方谈过。若我们不照吉娜的时间表进行,他们就撤资。
    Elvin: Well, they're going to find out real soon that her timeline is impossible.
    艾文: 好啊,他们很快就会发现,她的时间表是不可能的。
    Vince: Maybe not. Zina got Vikam to 1) put up money for three new programmers. They start tomorrow.
    文斯: 或许不会。吉娜让“维康”出钱请了三个新的程序设计师。他们明天就开工。
    Elvin: Are we just going to let her 2) hijack the company?
    艾文: 我们就这样让她在公司夺权?
    Vince: For now, Zina is calling the shots.
    文斯: 目前是由吉娜来发号施令。
    Elvin: I can't believe this is happening.
    艾文: 我不相信有这种事。
    Vince: Umm...You're still 3) dripping blood on my desk.
    文斯: 嗯……你的血还在往我的桌上滴。
    语言详解
    A: Do you like rainy days?
    你喜欢下雨天吗?
    B: I like listening to the sound of dripping water.
    我喜欢听水滴落的声音。
    【pull the plug 撤资】
    pull the plug的字面意义是“拔插头”,用在医院中就是指“拔除长期陷入昏迷的病患的维持生命系统”,以让他安乐死。
    A: That car accident was terrible. Did Joe ever make it off life support?
    那场车祸真是可怕。乔现在还要靠呼吸器维持生命吗?
    B: His injuries were too serious. His family decided to pull the plug.
    他受的伤太重了。他的家人决定让他安乐死。
    【Call the shots 发号施令】
    开枪的时候,要有人喊口令,于是乎call the shots 就是指“发号施令”,以表示做决策以及作主控制的意思。
    A: Josie is good at calling the shots.
    乔西很会发号施令。
    B: And that is why the company has been so successful.
    所以这公司才会那么成功啊。
    1) put up 提供金钱
    2) hijack (v.) 劫持(车,船,飞机)
    3) drip (v.) 滴落
    0/0
      上一篇:职场社交41你不打算想想办法吗? 下一篇:职场社交43又一张绿色便条纸

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)