职场社交17她整个人热力四射
教程:职场社交  浏览:1386  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    SCENE② B 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现
    【她整个人热力四射】
    Elvin: She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn't she?
    艾文: 她整个人热力四射,对吧?
    Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her.
    玛莉: 没有事情能挡得住她。我跟她学了好多。
    Elvin: What's it like to work with her?
    艾文: 跟她共事是啥感觉?
    Mary: She's 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.
    玛莉: 她的要求很高。但我喜欢那样。我是说,我知道我们的时间很紧。
    Elvin: Tell me about it.
    艾文: 这还用说。
    Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.
    玛莉: 我知道你们都在二十四小时赶工。那个坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人从没离开过。
    Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.
    艾文: 文斯要我们把程序错误全部修正,准备在月底前上线。

    语言详解
    A: Your mother is so demanding!
    你妈妈的要求真高!
    B: That's what my dad always says.
    我爸爸也总是这么说。
    【around the clock 日以继夜】
    由clock 组成的成语除了around the clock 之外,另有一个against the clock“赶时间”。
    A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?
    佛兰克,为什么你们工厂这个月要日以继夜地赶货?
    B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.
    我们最近收到相当多订单,都要这一季出货。
    A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.
    换句话说,你们现在全都在赶时间。
    B: You're right.
    你说对了。
    1) mega-intense intense是指“紧张的、一触即发的”,字首(prefix) mega是“非常,相当多”的意思,亦指 “百万的”,如 megabyte“百万位元组”。
    2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的
    3) debug (v.) (电脑)除虫,指修正电脑程序中的错误。
    0/0
      上一篇:职场社交16我不敢居功 下一篇:职场社交18我们得要抢先完成

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)