看“海上钢琴师”台词学英语:第8讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:794  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    I like that. That I can live by. You get me up on that gangway and you roll out in front of me a keyboard of millions and billions of keys that never end,

    live by: 靠…为生 gangway: 上下船的跳板 keyboard: 键盘 roll out: 铺开

    我喜欢这样,我只能过这样的生活。你把我弄到那个跳板上,然后你突然在我面前扔了一个上面有着万千琴键的键盘,

    and that's the truth, Max, that they never end.

    这就是我不能下船的原因,Max。是因为他们无穷无尽。

    That keyboard is infinite. And if that keyboard is infinite then there is no music you can play.

    那个键盘本身就是无穷无尽的,而如果键盘是无穷无尽的话,那么在上面演奏音乐是不可能的。

    You're sitting on the wrong bench. That's God's piano.

    bench: 长凳

    你根本就没有站在合适的位置上,那是上帝的钢琴。

    Christ, did you see the streets? Just the streets. There were thousands of them.

    street: 街道

    天啊,你看到那些街道了吗?只是街道就有成百上千条。

    How do you do it down there? How do you choose just one?

    你如何能在那里生活?你如何从那么多中间选择?

    One woman, one house, one piece of land to call your own, one landscape to look at, one way to die.

    landscape: 风景,山水

    一个女人,一幢房子,一小块你可以看着的称之为自己的风景的土地,还有一种死亡的方式。

    All that world just weighing down on you. You don't even know where it comes to an end.

    weigh down: 使…负重担

    那整个世界都只是重压在你身上,你甚至不知道什么时候才是结束,是尽头。

    I mean, aren't you ever just scared of breaking apart at the thought of it?

    be scared of: 对…惊恐的 break apart: 分裂【这里指情绪崩溃的意思】 at the thought of: 一想到…

    我是说,难道你从来都没害怕自己会因为想到这个就崩溃吗?

    At the enormity of living it? I was born on this ship. And the world passed me by.

    enormity: 暴行,极恶;巨大深远 pass by: 经过,忽略

    甚至只是想想生活在其中就不寒而栗吗?我是生在这艘船上的,我已经和这个世界擦身而过了。

    But two thousand people at a time. And there were wishes here. But never more than fit between prow and stern.

    fit: 合适的 prow: 船头 stern: 船尾

    但是每次这里都会容纳两千人,而且还承载了人们的愿望,但是没有比船头和船尾之间更适合的了。

    You played out your happiness but on a piano that was not infinite. I learned to live that way. Land?

    infinite: 无穷的,无限的

    你演奏出了自己的快乐幸福,但那是在一架有始有终的钢琴上,那就是我所学会的生活方式。陆地?

    Land is a ship too big for me. It's a woman too beautiful. It's a voyage too long, perfume too strong.

    voyage: 航行,旅行 perfume: 香水

    陆地对我来说是一艘太大的船,是一个太过于美丽的女人,是一段太长的航程,是太过于浓烈的香水。

    It's music I don't know how to make. I could never get off this ship. At best I can step off my life.

    at best: 从最好的角度来看 step out: 退出

    是我不会弹奏的曲子。我永远都不能离开这艘船。最不济,我还能退出生命的舞台。

    After all, I don't exist for anyone. You're the exception, Max. You're the only one who knows I'm here.

    after all: 毕竟,到底 exist: 存在 exception: 特例

    毕竟我不为任何人而存在,你是例外,Max。你是唯一知道我在这里的人。

    You're a minority. And you'd better get used to it. Forgive me, my friend, but I'm not getting off.

    minority: 少数 get used to: 习惯于 forgive: 原谅

    你是少数,而且你最好习惯它。原谅我,我的朋友,我是不会下船的。

    Hey, Max. Picture the scene at the Golden Gates. Some guy searching a list trying to find my name, not finding it.

    picture: 描写,想象 scene: 情景 search: 搜寻

    Max,想像一下在天国的门前有个人看着名单试图找到我的名字,却找不到。

    What did you say your name was again? Nineteen Hundred. Niemann, Nightingale, Ninestock… Nittledeen?

    再说一遍你叫什么。1900。Niemann,,Nightingale,,Ninestock…Nittledeen?

    Well, you see, sir I was born on a ship. Beg your pardon? Born, raised, and died on a ship.

    beg your pardon: 请再说一遍 raise: 养育

    你看,先生,我是在船上出生的。你说什么?我在船上生,在船上长,在船上结束生命。

    Maybe I'm not registered there. Shipwreck? Six and a half tons of dynamite Boom. Six and a half tons of dynamite Boom.

    register: 登记,注册 shipwreck: 遇难船,海难 dynamite: 炸药

    说不定你的册子里没我的名字。你是死在船上的?六吨半的炸药炸的。

    Feeling better now? Yeah, I'm fine except I lost an arm. An arm? Yes, in the explosion.

    explosion: 爆炸

    现在感觉好多了吧?是啊,感觉还不错,除了少了条胳膊。少胳膊?对,炸飞了。

    Well, you should be able to find one over there. Which one did you say you were missing?

    be able to: 能够

    没事,你能在那找到条新胳膊,你少了哪条胳膊?

    Left, sir. I'm dreadfully sorry, we only seem to have two rights. Two right arms? Afraid so.

    dreadfully:极其

    左边的,先生。十分抱歉,我们这里似乎只剩下两条右胳膊了。只有两条右胳膊?恐怕是这样。

    Would you mind awfully if… If I what? Well, if you take a right arm instead of a left?

    awfully: 及其 instead of: 代替

    你介不介意如果…如果我什么?如果你能接受用一条右胳膊替代左边的?

    Well, all things considered better a right arm than nothing, I suppose.

    consider: 认为 suppose: 猜想,认为

    那么,好像就算只有右胳膊也比什么都没有强,我想是这样。

    Couldn't agree more. No laughing matter, Max. What a cock-up. Spend eternity with two right arms?

    cock-up: 错误,一团糟 eternity: 永远,来世

    双手赞成!笑也没用,Max。糟糕啊,下辈子得一直过只有两条右胳膊的生活。

    I mean, how would you make the sign of the cross? Hey, Max. Imagine the music I could play with two right arms.

    sigh: 符号,标记 imagine: 想象

    我说,你要怎么用胳膊做出十字的形状啊?Max,想象一下我用两条右胳膊弹奏的钢琴曲吧。

    Hope I can find a piano up there.

    希望我能在上面找着架钢琴。

    -Max: What would you have done in my shoes?

    in one's shoes: 处于某人的位置

    如果你是我要怎么办?

    -Pops: I don't know. I wouldn't probably have felt quite useless.

    useless: 无用的,无价值的

    我不知道,不会觉得自己这么没用。

    -Max: Sooner or later, all stories end and there's nothing left to add. Anyhow, thanks, pops.

    sooner or later: 迟早 add: 添加

    迟早所有的故事总会有一个结局的,然后就再也没有可以添加的东西。不管怎样,谢谢了!

    -Pops: Conn, There's just one thing I don't get. Who hid the broken record inside the piano?

    record: 唱片

    Conn,有一件事我不明白,是谁把坏掉的唱片藏在钢琴里的?

    -Max: You're looking at him

    那人远在天边,近在眼前啊。

    -Pops: So you weren't so useless after all. Conn. Here. Take your trumpet. Well, you'll be needing it.

    trumpet: 小号

    那你还不是一点都没用啊!Conn,给,把你的小号带走吧!你会需要的。

    Never mind the money. A good story's worth more than an old trumpet.

    worth: 值…钱,值得…的

    别担心,不要钱。一个好故事比这个旧小号值多了。

    -Max: Okay, pops

    谢谢!

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“海上钢琴师”台词学英语:第7讲 下一篇:看“歌舞青春2”台词学英语:第1讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)