看“泰坦尼克”台词学英语:第8讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:903  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    -Jack: No. That's not what I was thinking. What I was thinking was…

    不。我没这么想。我所想的是…

    what could have happened to this girl to make her think she had no way out?

    happen: 发生

    到底发生了什么事会迫使这个女孩只能如此选择?

    -Rose: Well, I…It was everything. It was my whole world and all the people in it.

    因为,我…是所有的事情。我身处的整个环境和我身边的人。

    And inertia of my life…plunging ahead, and me, powerless to stop it.

    inertia: 惯性 plunge: 陡峭地下倾,猛冲 ahead: 向前 powerless: 无能为力的

    生活的惯性…向前推进,而我却无力阻止。

    -Jack: God, look at that thing. You'd have gone straight to the bottom.

    straight: 直接地 bottom: 水底

    天啊,看看这个戒指。带着这个掉下海会直接沉底的。

    -Rose: Five hundred invitations have gone out. All of Philadelphia society will be there.

    hundred: 百 invitation: 请柬 society: 上流社会,社交界

    五百份结婚请柬已经发出去了。费城所有的名流都会来。

    And all the while, I feel…I'm standing in the middle of a crowded room…

    all the while: 一直,始终 in the middle of: 在…中间 crowded: 拥挤的

    但此刻,我觉得就像…被困在茫茫的人海里…

    Screaming at thetop of my lungs, and no one even looks up.

    scream: 尖叫 at the top of: 在…的顶峰 lung: (复数)声音,嗓门

    拼命挣扎,大声呼叫,却没有人理会我。

    -Jack: Do you love him?

    你爱他么?

    -Rose: Pardon me?

    pardon: 宽恕,原谅 pardon me: 请再说一遍

    你说什么?

    -Jack: Do you love him?

    你爱他么?

    -Rose: You're being very rude. You shouldn't be asking me this.

    rude: 粗鲁的

    你真无理。你不应该问我这个问题。

    -Jack: It's a simple question. Do you love the guy or not?

    simple: 简单的 guy: (男)人,家伙

    这是个很简单的问题。你爱不爱他?

    -Rose: This is not a suitable conversation.

    suitable: 恰当的 conversation: 交谈,谈话

    我们谈论这个问题不合适。

    -Jack: Why can't you just answer the question?

    answer: 回答

    为什么不能干脆的回答我?

    -Rose: This is absurd. You don't know me and I don't know you…and we are not having this conversation at all.

    absurd: 荒唐的 not at all: 根本不

    这太荒唐了。我们俩刚认识,互不了解…我们根本就不该谈论这个话题。

    You are rude and uncouth and presumptuous…and I am leaving now. Jack, Mr.Dawson,it's been a pleasure.

    rude: 粗鲁的 uncouth: 粗野的,不文明的 presumptuous: 自以为是的 leave: 离开 pleasure: 乐事

    你很无礼,很粗鲁,还很自以为是…我要走了。Jack,Dawson先生,很高兴与你交谈。

    I sought you out to thank you and now I have thanked you…

    sought: (seek的过去式)寻找

    我是来向你道谢的,我已经道过谢了…

    -Jack: And you've insulted me.

    insult: 辱骂

    而且还骂了我一顿。

    -Rose: Well, you deserved it.

    deserve: 应得

    啊,那是你自找的。

    -Jack: Right.

    好吧。

    -Rose: Right.

    好吧。

    -Jack: I thought you were leaving.

    你怎么还不走。

    -Rose: I am. You are so annoying. Wait, I don't have to leave. This is my part of the ship. You leave.

    annoying: 讨厌的 leave: 离开

    我正要离开。你真讨厌。等等,我干嘛要走,这是我的地盘。该走的是你。

    -Jack: Well, well, well! Now who's being rude?

    rude: 粗鲁的,不礼貌的

    好,好吧。现在是谁无礼?

    -Rose: What is this stupid thing you're carrying around? So, what are you, an artist or something?

    stupid: 没趣的 carry around: 随身携带 artist: 艺术家,画家 or something: (口语)诸如此类的事物

    你随身携带的这破玩意儿是什么?怎么,你是个画家?

    These are rather good. They're very good, actually. Jack, this is exquisite work.

    rather: 相当 actually: 其实 exquisite: 细致的 work: 作品

    画的还不错。其实相当不错。Jack,这些真是细致的作品。

    -Jack: They didn't think too much of them in old Paris.

    think much of: 认为…很不错

    可巴黎的人不怎么喜欢。

    -Rose: Paris? You do get around for a…A person of limited means.

    get around: 旅行 limited: 有限的 means: 财产,财富

    巴黎?你去过的地方还真不少虽然你…你在经济上并不宽裕。

    -Jack: Go on, a poor guy. You can say it.

    go on: 继续 poor: 贫穷的 guy: (男)人,家伙

    直说好了,我是个穷光蛋。你可以说出来。

    -Rose: Well, well, well. And these were drawn from life?

    draw: 绘画 from life: 根据实物

    太好了。这些都是实物写生吗?

    -Jack: That's one of the good things about Paris. Lots of girls willing to take their clothes off.

    willing: 愿意的,乐于 take off: 脱掉 clothes: 衣服

    巴黎就这点好。女孩子们都不怎么在乎裸体。

    -Rose: You liked this woman. You used her several times.

    several: 几(个) time: 次,回

    你一定是喜欢这个女人。有好几幅都是画她的。

    -Jack: She had beautiful hands, you see?

    beautiful: 美丽的

    她的手非常美,瞧。

    -Rose: I think you must have had a love affair with her.

    love affair: 恋爱事件

    我觉得你一定非常迷恋她。

    -Jack: No. Just with her hands. She was a one-legged prostitute. See?

    leg: 腿 prostitute: 卖淫者,妓女

    不。只是迷恋她的手。她是个只有一条腿的妓女。瞧。

    -Rose: Oh.

    哦。

    -Jack: She had a good sense of humor, though. And this lady…she used to sit at this bar every night…

    sense of humor: 幽默感 sense: 感觉 humor: 幽默 lady: 女士 bar: 就把

    但是她很幽默。哦,你看这位女士…她每天夜里都坐在这个酒吧里…

    wearing every piece of jewelry she owned…just waiting for her long lost love.

    piece: 件 jewelry: 首饰 wait for: 等待,等候 lost: 失去的,丧失的 love: 爱人

    戴着她所有的首饰…为了等她久无音讯的恋人。

    We calledher Madame Bijoux.

    madame: (法语)夫人,女士 bijoux: (法语)=jewelry,珠宝

    我们都叫她“珠宝夫人”。

    See, her clothes are all moth-eaten.

    moth-eaten: 破旧的

    看,她的衣服都破了。

    -Rose: Well, you have a gift, Jack. You do. You see people.

    gift: 天赋

    嗯,Jack,你很有天赋。真的。你会观察人。

    -Jack: I see you.

    我也能观察你。

    -Rose: And?

    我怎么样?

    -Jack: You wouldn't have jumped.

    你不会自寻短见的。

    -Ruth: But the purpose of university is to find a suitable husband. Rose has already done that.

    purpose: 目的 university: 大学 suitable: 合适的,适当的 husband: 丈夫 already: 已经

    上大学是为了找一个好丈夫。Rose已经找到了。

    -Countess: Look, here comes that vulgar Brown woman.

    vulgar: 庸俗的

    看,那个庸俗的Brown夫人来了。

    -Ruth: Quickly, get up before she sits with us.

    quickly: 快,迅速地 get up: 站起来

    快点,我们走,我可不想和他坐在一起。

    -Molly: Hello, girls. I was hoping I'd catch you at tea.

    hope: 期望 catch: 赶上

    女士们,你们好。我还想和你们一起喝茶呢。

    -Ruth: We're awfully sorry. You missed it. The Countess and I were just off to take the air on the boat deck.

    awfully: 很,非常 miss: 错过,未赶上 countess: 女伯爵,伯爵夫人 off: 离开 take the air: 到户外散步 boat deck: 救生艇甲板

    很抱歉。我们刚刚喝完了。伯爵夫人和我正准备去甲板上散散步。

    -Molly: What a lovely idea. I need to catch up on my gossip. Countess.

    lovely: 令人愉快的 catch up on: 得到…的消息,弥补 gossip: 闲话,闲谈

    真是个好主意。我也想和你们聊聊。伯爵夫人。

    -Ismay: You've not yet lit the last four boilers?

    not yet: 还没有 light: 点燃 boiler: 锅炉

    还有四个锅炉没点火?

    -Captain Smith: No, I don't see the need. We are making excellent time.

    need: 必要 excellent: 极好的 time: 时间,时限

    是的,我觉得没必要都点火。船速已经够快了。

    -Ismay: The press knows the size of Titanic. Now, I want them to marvel at her speed. press: 新闻界 marvel: 惊奇,对…感到惊奇 speed: 速度

    新闻界知道泰坦尼克号是超级巨轮。现在,我想让他们也对她的速度感到惊奇。

    We must give them something new to print.

    print: 印刷,出版

    我们得给他们些新闻写。

    This maiden voyage of Titanic must make headlines.

    maiden: 处女,首次的 voyage: 航行,航海 headline: 头版头条新闻,头版重要新闻

    泰坦尼克号的处女航一定要上报纸头条。

    -Captain Smith: Mr. Ismay…I would prefer not to push the engines until they've been properly run in.

    prefer: 选择 engine: 发动机,引擎 properly: 适当地 run in: 使试转,使磨合

    Ismay先生…引擎是新的,我想等它们运行进入状态再提速。

    -Ismay: Of course, I'm just a passenger. I leave it to your good offices to decide what's best.

    of course: 当然 passenger: 乘客,旅客 leave to: 留给…处理 offices: 任务 decide: 决定

    当然,我只是个乘客。该怎么做您自己决定。

    But what a glorious end to your final crossing…

    glorious: 光荣的 final: 最后的 crossing: 横渡 get into:进入,到达

    但这是你最后一次出海航行了…

    if we were to get into New York onTuesday night and surprise them all.

    Tuesday: 周二 surprise: 使吃惊,使惊讶

    如果能让船周二晚上到达纽约,轰动舆论。

    Make the morning papers. Retire with a bang, eh, E.J.? Good man.

    morning paper: 早报 retire: 退休 bang: (口语)惊人的成功,引人注目的成果

    早报马上就会登出来。这样成功地退休如何?好极了。

    -Jack: After that, I worked on a squid boat in Monterey…then I went down to Los Angeles to the pier in Santa Monica…

    squid: 乌贼,墨鱼 pier: 码头

    后来,我又在蒙特瑞的渔船上工作…然后又到了洛杉矶,在圣塔莫尼卡的码头…

    and started doing portraits there for 10 cents apiece.

    portrait: 小肖像,画像 cent: 分,一份钱硬币 apiece: 每件

    替人画肖像,每幅画一毛钱。

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“泰坦尼克”台词学英语:第7讲 下一篇:看“泰坦尼克”台词学英语:第9讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)