来。抓住我的手。跳下去你会后悔的。我是Jack Dawson。
-Rose: Rose Dewitt Bukater.
我是Rose Dewitt Bukater。
-Jack: I'll have to get you to write that one down. Come on. I got you. Come on. Come on!
write down: 写下
我看你得把名字写下来我才能记住。上来。我抓住你了。上来,向上!
-Rose: Help, please! Please, help me!
请救救我!拜托,救救我!
-Jack: Listen to me. I've got you. I won't let go. Now pull yourself up. Come on! Come on. pull up: 把…拉上来,拉近
听我说。我抓住你了。不会放手的。你要向上爬。上来!来!
That's right. You can do it. I got you.
就是这样!你能行。我抓住你了。
-Rowe: What's all this? You stand back! And don't move an inch! Fetch the master-at-arms.
inch: 英寸 fetch: 请来,叫来 master-at-arms: 纠察长
怎么回事?你退后!不要动!快去叫纠察长来。
-Caledon: This is completely unacceptable. What made you think you could put your hands on my fiancee?
completely: 完全地 unacceptable: 不能接受的,令人不满的 fiancee: 未婚妻
这太过分了!你怎么敢碰我的未婚妻?
Look at me, you filth!
filth: 污物,下流
看着我,你这下流的东西!
-Rose: Cal.
Cal。
-Caledon: What do you think you were you doing?
你干了什么好事?
-Rose: Cal, stop. It was an accident.
accident: 意外,事故
Cal,别这样。这只是个意外。
-Caledon: An accident?
意外?
-Rose: It was. Stupid, really. I was leaning over and I slipped. I was leaning far over to see the …
stupid: 愚蠢的,笨的 lean over: 倾斜,趴在…上 slip: 滑倒
是的。都是我太笨了,真的。我趴在栏杆上,结果滑了一下。我从栏杆上探出身去想看…
-Caledon: Propellers?
propeller: 螺旋桨,推进器
螺旋浆?
-Rose: Propellers, and I slipped. And I would have gone overboard, but Mr. Dawson here saved me.
overboard: 越过船边坠入水中 save: 救,挽救
螺旋浆,然后脚下一滑。差点掉下去,多亏了Dawson先生他救了我。
And almost went over himself.
almost: 几乎,差一点
他也差点掉进水里去。
-Caledon: She wanted to see the propellers.
她想看螺旋浆。
-Gracie: Like I said, women and machinery do not mix.
machinery: 机器 mix: 混合,搅和
我早说过,女人和机器没有好缘份。
-Master At Arms: Was that the way of it?
事情是这样么?
-Jack: Yeah, that was pretty much it.
pretty much: 几乎,差不多
是的,差不多。
-Gracie: Well, the boy's a hero, then. Good for you, son. Well done. So, it's all's well and back to our brandy?
hero: 英雄 well done: 做得好 brandy: 白兰地酒
那么这孩子是个英雄了。小伙子真勇敢。干得好。好了,没事了。大伙回去接着喝酒吧。
-Caledon: Look at you. You must be freezing. Let's get you inside.
freezing: 冰冻的 inside:到里面
瞧你,冻坏了吧。走,快进去吧。
-Gracie: Perhaps a little something for the boy?
perhaps: 或许
是不是应该给这孩子点奖励呢?
-Caledon: Of course. Mr. Lovejoy …I think $20 should do it.
of course: 当然
当然。Lovejoy,就给他20美元吧。
-Rose: Is that the going rate for saving the woman you love?
going rate: 现行汇率 save: 救,挽救
我就只值这点报酬么?
-Caledon: Rose is displeased. What to do? I know. Perhaps you could join us for dinner tomorrow evening.
displeased: 不开心的 join: 加入,参加 dinner: 正餐 tomorrow: 明天
Rose不高兴了。怎么办?有了。明晚请你和我们一起用餐。
To regale our group with your heroic tale.
regale: (以笑谈等)娱人 group: 团体 heroic: 英雄的 tale: 故事
你可以和我们讲讲你英雄救美的壮举。
-Jack: Sure. Count me in.
count in: 算上(某人)
好的,我一定去。
-Caledon: Good. It's settled then. This should be interesting.
settle: 决定 interesting: 有趣的
那好。就这么说定了。肯定会很有趣。
-Jack: Can I bum a smoke?
bum: 索求 smoke: 吸烟
你有香烟么?
-Lovejoy: You'll want to tie those. It's interesting. The young lady slipped so suddenly…
tie: 系 lady: 女士,小姐 slip: 滑倒 suddenly: 突然地
你该系上你的鞋带。有意思。那位小姐是突然失足…
and you still had time to remove your jacket and your shoes.
remove: 脱掉 jacket: 短上衣,夹克
可你却有功夫脱鞋和衣服去救她。
-Caledon: I know you've been melancholy. I don't pretend to know why.
melancholy: 忧郁的 pretend: 假装
我知道你一直有点忧郁。我也不打算装作知道原因。
I intended to save this…until the engagement gala next week.
intend: 打算 save: 保留,保存 engagement: 订婚 gala: 盛会,庆祝
有件东西本来打算…下个星期订婚的时候再送给你。
But I thought, tonight.
tonight: 今晚
可是我改了主意,今晚就送给你。
-Rose: Good gracious!
gracious: 华美的
天啊,太漂亮了!
-Caledon: Perhaps as a reminder of my feelings for you.
perhaps: 或许,可能 reminder: 提示,提醒物 feeling: 感觉
但愿能表达我对你的一片心意。
-Rose: Is it a …
这是…
-Caledon: Diamond? Yes. 56 carats to be exact. It was worn by Louis XVI.
diamond: 钻石 carat: 克拉 exact: 确切的,准确的 wear: 戴
钻石?是的。56克拉。路易十六曾经戴过。
And they called it Le Coeur de la Mer.
Le Coeur de la Mer: (法语)=the heart of the sea,海洋之心
他们称它为“海洋之心”(法语)。
-Caledon & Rose: The Heart of the Ocean.
ocean: 海洋
海洋之心。
-Caledon: Yes.
是的。
-Rose: It's overwhelming.
overwhelming: 压倒一切的
这很贵重。
-Caledon: It's for royalty. We are royalty, Rose. You know, there is nothing I couldn't give you.
royalty: 王室,皇族
这是为贵族做的。我们就是贵族,Rose。你要什么我都能给你。
There is nothing I'd deny you…if you would not deny me. Open your heart to me, Rose.
deny: 拒绝
只要你不拒绝我…我永远也不会拒绝你。向我敞开心扉吧,Rose。
-Jack: I've been on my own since I was 15…since my folks died.
on one’s own: 独自地 folk: 亲属,父母
我十五岁的时候…父母就去逝了,到现在一直独自一人生活。
And I had no brothers or sisters or close kin in that part of the country.
kin: 亲戚 country: 故乡
在家乡我没有兄弟姐妹,也没有亲戚。
So I lit on out of there and I haven't been back since. You can just call me a tumbleweedblowing in the wind.
light: 停落,停歇 tumbleweed: 风滚草 blow: 吹,刮风 wind: 风
所以离开家乡以后就再也没回去过。你就把我当成随风飘零的野草好了。
Well, Rose, we've walked about a mile around this boat deck…
mile: 英里 boat deck: 救生艇甲板
Rose,我们已经绕甲板走了半天了…
chewed over how greatthe weather's been and how I grew up but…
chew over: 反复讨论 chew: 咀嚼 weather: 天气 grow up: 长大
一直在谈论好天气和我的身世,但是…
I reckon that's not why you came to talk to me, is it?
reckon: 猜想,估计
我觉得你找我还有别的事吧,对么?
-Rose: Mr. Dawson. I…
Dawson先生。我…
-Jack: Jack.
叫我Jack。
-Rose: Jack…I want to thank you for what you did. Not just for pulling me back…but for your discretion.
discretion: 考虑周到
Jack…我是来向你道谢的。你不仅救了我…还帮我掩饰。
-Jack: You're welcome.
别客气。
-Rose: Look…I know what you must be thinking, Poor little rich girl. What does she know about misery?
poor: 可怜的 rich: 富裕的 misery: 苦恼
听着…我知道你是怎么想的,这个阔小姐。她怎么会懂得人间疾苦?