看“泰坦尼克”台词学英语:第16讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:625  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    -Steward F: Sir, I've been told to ask you to put on your lifebelts…and come up to the boat deck.

    lifebelt: 救生带 boat deck: 救生艇甲板

    先生,我奉命来通知你…请穿上救生衣到甲板上。

    -Caledon: I said, not now.

    我说过了,我现在没空。

    -Steward F: I'm sorry to inconvenience you, Mr. Hockley, but it's Captain's orders. inconvenience: 给…带来不便,给…添麻烦 captain: 船长 order: 命令

    引起您的不便很抱歉,Hockley先生,这是船长的命令。

    Now please, dress warmly.

    dress: 穿衣 warmly: 温暖地

    现在请穿得暖和一点。

    It's quite cold out tonight. Now, may I suggest topcoats and hats?

    tonight: 今晚 suggest: 提议,推荐 topcoat: 夹大衣,轻便外套

    今晚外面很冷。请穿厚外套,戴帽子。

    -Caledon: This is ridiculous.

    ridiculous: 可笑的,荒谬的

    真是荒唐。

    -Steward F: Not to worry, miss. I'm sure it's just a precaution.

    precaution: 预防措施

    别担心,小姐。我保证这只是预防万一。

    -Steward G: Everybody up. Lifebelts on.

    lifebelt: 救生带

    快起来。穿上救生衣。

    -Man B: What's he on about?

    他说什么?

    -Steward G: Everybody up. Put your lifebelts on.

    快起来。穿上救生衣。

    -Man M: What's the ruckus?

    ruckus: 喧闹

    怎么这么吵?

    -Steward G: Just put your lifebelts on.

    快去穿上救生衣。

    -Philips: CQD? Sir?

    CQD: (come quick,danger)遇难求救信号

    紧急呼救?长官?

    -Captain Smith: That's right, CQD, the distress call. That's our position.

    distress call: 求救信号 distress: 危险,困难 position: 方位,位置

    没错,COD,求救信号。这是我们的位置。

    Tell whoever responds that we're going down by the head…

    whoever: 无论谁 respond: 回应,响应 go down: 下沉 by the head: 船首比船尾吃水深

    告诉所有有回音的船只我们的船头正在下沉…

    and need immediate assistance.

    immediate: 立即的,急迫的 assistance: 帮助,援助

    需要紧急救援。

    -Philips: Blimey.

    blimey: (表惊愕)天啊!哎呀!

    天啊。

    -Murdoch: Keep lowering! Steady! Make it taut! And winch out!

    lower: 降低 steady: 稳定的,稳的 taut: 紧的,绷紧的 winch out: 用绞车拔出

    放下来!稳住!拉紧!绞盘拿出来!

    -Lightoller: Uncover this boat! Uncover all the boats aft! Release those ties!

    uncover: 揭开 aft: 船尾 release: 释放,放开 tie: 结,打结

    揭开帆布!揭开船尾的帆布!解开绳结!

    -Wilde: Roll back that cover! Smartly now!

    roll back: 卷起 cover: 覆盖物,遮盖 smartly: 伶俐的

    把帆布揭开!现在快!

    -Andrews: Mr. Wilde, where are the passengers?

    passenger: 乘客,旅客

    Wilde先生,乘客呢?

    -Wilde: They've all gone back inside. Too damn cold and noisy for them.

    You there! go back: 回去 inside: 里面,内部 damn: 非常 noisy: 喧闹的,吵闹的

    他们都进去了。嫌外面又冷又吵。那边的!

    Get down here and help with these lines!

    快下来帮忙解绳索!

    -Steward H: Care for a drink, sir?

    care for: 想要 drink: 饮料

    要杯酒么,先生?

    -Steward I: Please put your lifebelts on.

    put on: 穿上lifebelt: 救生带

    请穿上救生衣。

    -Molly: Sonny, what's doing? You got us all trussed up here and now we're cooling our heels.

    truss: 捆绑,扎紧 cool: 冷却 heel: 足跟

    孩子,怎么回事?就让我们穿着这个在这儿傻等。

    -Steward I: Sorry, ma'am. Let me go find out.

    ma’am: 夫人 find out: 找出,查明

    对不起,夫人。我去问问。

    -Molly: I don't think anybody knows what the hell's going on around here.

    hell: (加强语气)究竟,到底 go on: 进行,发生

    我看谁也不明白这到底是怎么回事。

    -Caledon: It's just the goddamned English, doing everything by the book.

    goddamned: 诅咒的,讨厌的 English: 英国人

    该死的英国人,办事总这么死板。

    -Ruth: There's no need for language, Mr. Hockley. Go back and turn the heaters on in our rooms.

    language: 语言,(俚语)粗话 go back: 回去 turn on: 打开 heater: 炉子,加热器

    没必要骂人,Hockley先生。你们回房间去,把暖气打开。

    I'd like a cup of tea when I return.

    return: 返回

    我一会儿想回去喝杯茶。

    -Trudy: Yes, ma'am.

    是,夫人。

    -Maid: Yes, ma'am.

    是,夫人。

    -Rose: Mr.Andrewss …I saw the iceberg. And I see it in your eyes. Please tell me the truth.

    iceberg: 冰山 truth: 真相,事实

    Andrewss先生…我看见冰山了。你的眼神也肯定了我的说法,请你告诉我真相。

    -Andrews: The ship will sink.

    sink: 沉没

    船要沉了。

    -Rose: You're certain?

    certain: 肯定

    你肯定么?

    -Andrews: Yes. In an hour or so…all this will be at the bottom of the Atlantic.

    bottom: 底部 Atlantic: 大西洋

    是的。再过一小时左右…现在的一切都会沉入大西洋底。

    -Caledon: What?

    什么?

    -Andrews: Please, tell only who you must. I don't want to be responsible for a panic. responsible: 负责任的,需承担责任的 panic: 恐慌,惊慌

    拜托,只跟亲近的人说。我不想引起恐慌。

    And get to a boat. Quickly. Don't wait.

    get to: 到达,抵达 quickly: 快,迅速的

    而且快上救生艇,别再等了。

    You remember what I told you about the boats?

    remember: 记得

    记得我们谈过救生艇的事么?

    -Rose: Yes. I understand.

    是的。我明白。

    -Master At Arms: Over here, son.

    过来,小伙子。

    -Crewman A: Sir, they need you up at the second-class purser's office. There's a big mob up there.

    second-class: 二等舱 purser: 事务长,乘务长 office: 办公处 mob: 围攻,聚众包围

    长官,二等舱的管理处一片混乱。那有一大群愤怒的乘客。

    -Lovejoy: Go on. I'll keep an eye on him.

    go on: 继续做 keep an eye on: 密切注视,监视

    去吧。我会看着他的。

    -Master At Arms: Aye. Right.

    好吧。就这样。

    -Bride: Sir! Carpathia says they're making 17 knots. Full steam for them, sir.

    knot: 海里/小时 full steam: 【全速,最高速度】

    船长!卡佩西亚号正以时速17海里赶来救援。是他们最快的速度了,先生。

    -Captain Smith: She's the only one who's responding?

    respond: 回应,响应

    只有这一艘船有回音么?

    -Bride: The only one close, sir. Says they can be here in four hours.

    close: 接近的,卡进的

    只有它离得最近,长官。4个小时之后能赶到这儿。

    -Captain Smith: Four hours! Thank you, Bride.

    4个小时!谢谢,Bride。

    -Captain Smith: My God.

    上帝啊。

    -Lightoller: We are swung out and ready, sir. Hadn't we better get the women and children into the boats, sir?

    swing: 悬挂,吊运 ready: 准备好的 better: 还是…好,最好做某事

    救生艇准备完毕,长官。船长,是不是先让妇女和孩子先上船比较好?

    -Captain Smith: Yes.

    对。

    -Lightoller: Sir?

    长官?

    -Captain Smith: Women and children first, yes.

    妇女和孩子先上船,好。

    -Lightoller: Yes, sir. Ladies and gentlemen, your attention, please! Step this way, please. That's right.

    lady: 女士 gentleman: 先生 attention: 注意,注意力 step: 走,行走

    是,船长。女士们先生们,请注意。请注意!请到这边来。就是这样。

    Come towards me. Thank you. Good. For the time being, I shall require only women andchildren.

    toward: 向,朝 for the time being: 暂且 require: 要求,规定

    到我这儿来。谢谢。好。暂且请妇女和孩子们先上船。

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“泰坦尼克”台词学英语:第15讲 下一篇:看“泰坦尼克”台词学英语:第17讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)