看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第6讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:1624  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    shoelaces: 鞋带 a stick of gum: 一块口香糖

    -Andy: I understand. Thank you, Mr…

    我知道了。谢谢你,你叫……

    -Red: Red. Name's Red.

    Red 都叫我Red

    -Andy: Why do they call you that?

    这名字怎么来的?

    -Red: Maybe it's because I'm Irish.

    Irish: 爱尔兰人 snobby: 势利的

    可能因为我是半个爱尔兰人吧。

    “I could see why some of the boys took him for snobby.”

    “我现在明白他们为何看中他了。”

    “He had a quiet way about him… a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around here.”

    “他不太说话,一举一动都不像普通的人。”

    “He strolled… like a man in the park without a care or a worry in the world.”

    stroll: 闲逛,漫步

    “他漫步着,就像在公园里散步。”

    “Like he had on an invisible coat that would shield him from this place. ”

    invisible: 隐形的 shield:遮蔽

    像穿了件隐形的外套。

    “I think it'd be fair to say… I liked Andy from the start.”

    fair: 公平的

    “可以说,开始我对安迪就有好感。”

    -All: Let's go! Some of us got a schedule to keep. Move it!

    schedule: 时间

    快点!我赶时间的。

    Come on, move it! How you doing? How's the wife treating you?

    快点。你太太对你好吗?

    -Red: Andy was right. I finally got the joke.

    joke: 笑柄,笑料

    Andy说得很对,我最终拿到那玩意,

    It would take a man about 600 years… to tunnel under the wall with one of these.

    用这东西来挖隧道,起码要花六百年。

    -Brooks: Book?

    要书吗?

    -All: Not today.

    今天不用了。

    -Brooks: Book?

    要书吗?

    -Red: Delivery for Dufresne.

    送到Dufresne那里去。

    -Brooks: Here's your book.

    Dufresne,这是你要的书。

    -Andy: Thanks.

    谢谢。

    -Man: We're running low on hexite. Get on back and fetch us up some.

    hexite: 【己糖醇】 fetch: 取来

    漂白粉不够用了,你再去后面拿点来。

    -Andy: This will blind you.

    blind: 使失明

    这可以弄瞎你的眼睛。

    -Bogs: Honey, hush. That's it. You fight! Better that way.

    hush: 安静

    亲爱的,你不懂,你越挣扎越过瘾。

    -Red: “I wish I could tell you Andy fought the good fight… and the Sisters let him be.”

    “我很想说安迪打赢了。或者姐妹花放过了他。”

    “I wish I could tell you that… but prison is no fairy-tale world. ”

    fairy-tale: 童话式的

    “我希望能这么说,但是监狱不是童话世界。”

    “He never said who did it. but we all knew.”

    “他从没提起是谁,但我们都很清楚。”

    “Things went on like that for a while. ”

    “事情就这样持续了一段时间。”

    “Prison life consists of routine… and then more routine.”

    consist of: 由…组成 routine: 常规

    “监狱里的生活都是常规和更多的常规。”

    “Every so often, Andy would show up with fresh bruises. ”

    bruise: 瘀伤,擦伤

    “Andy的脸上经常出现新的伤痕。”

    “The Sisters kept at him. Sometimes he was able to fight them off.”

    fight off: 排斥

    “姐妹花不断地骚扰他,有时候他能逃脱。”

    “Sometimes not. And that's how it went for Andy. That was his routine. ”

    但有时不能,对Andy来说,这已经成了他的常规。“

    ”I do believe those first two years were the worst for him.“

    ”我相信最初的两年是最糟糕的。“

    ”And I also believe that if things had gone on that way…

    “我也相信事情再继续这样下去,

    this place would have got the best of him.”

    这个地方会夺去他的精神。“

    ”But then, in the spring of 1949… the powers that be decided:“

    ”但是,在1949年的春天,上头决定:“

    -Norton: The roof of the license-plate factory needs resurfacing.

    roof: 屋顶 license-plate: 【车牌调查】[a tattoo located above the buttocks, generally spanning from one hip to the other --from Urban dictionary] resurface: 重新铺设 a dozen: 一打

    工厂的屋顶需要重修,

    I need a dozen volunteers for a week's work.

    volunteer: 志愿者

    我需要12名自愿者工作一星期。

    As you know… special detail carries with it special privileges.

    detail: 特别任务 privilege: 特权

    你们知道的,特殊的工作有特殊的好处

    -Red: It was outdoor detail… and May is one damned fine month to be working outdoors.

    outdoor: 户外 damned: [俚语]非常的

    这是户外劳动。五月是户外劳动的好时间。

    -Police: Stay in line there.

    排好队。

    -Red: More than a hundred men volunteered for the job.

    超过100人报名参加劳动。

    -Police: Wallace E. Unger. Ellis Redding.

    Wallace E. Unger……Ellis Redding……

    -Red: Wouldn't you know it? Me and some fellows I know were among the names called.

    fellow: 伙伴们

    你明白了吧?我和几个我认识的都被选中了。

    -Police: Andrew Dufresne.

    Andrew Dufresne……

    -Red: It only cost us a pack of smokes per man. I made my usual 20 percent, of course.

    这只花了我们每人一包烟的代价,我当然也像往常一样赚了20%。

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第5讲 下一篇:看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第7讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)