告诉他做人道理,但已经不能了。
That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? 那孩子已无影无踪,只剩下这个老人。我得这样生活下去,改过?
It's just a bullshit word.
bullshit: 废话
只是个狗屁的字眼。
So you go on and stamp your forms, sonny, and stop wasting my time.
stamp: 在…上盖章 form: 表格
你继续盖上你的印章吧,老弟,别再浪费我的时间了。
Because to tell you the truth. I don't give a shit.
I don't give a shit: 我不在乎
说句实话,我根本不在乎。
”Approved“
”通过“
-Red: Here you go, miss. Restroom break?
restroom:公用厕所
你的,小姐。我可以去洗手间吗?
-Salesman: You don't need to ask me every time you need to go take a piss. Just go.
你不用每次都问我,去吧。
-Red: ”Forty years I've been asking permission to piss. I can't squeeze a drop without say-so.“
permission: 允许 squeeze: 挤
”四十年来我小便都要经过批准,不批准的话一滴都尿不出来。“
”There's a harsh truth to face. No way I'm going to make it on the outside.“
harsh: 艰苦的
”现实是很难面对的,我不习惯外面的生活。“
”All I do anymore is think of ways to break my parole, so maybe they'd send me back.“
parole: 假释期
”我总在想怎样才能违反假释条例,那样他们会把我再送进去。“
”Terrible thing, to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well.“
生活在恐惧中是很可怕的,Brooks是知道的,他知道得太清楚了。
”All I want is to be back where things make sense.“
make sense: 有意义
”我只想回到能适合我的地方。“
”Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.“
”令我不用再担心受怕的地方。“
”Only one thing stops me. A promise I made to Andy.“
”只有一件事阻止了我这么做,我对Andy作出的承诺。“
-Driver: There it is.
就在那里。
-Red: Much obliged, sir.
obliged: 恩赐
非常感谢,先生。
Buxton
”布克斯顿“
-Andy: Dear Red: If you're reading this, you've gotten out,
亲爱的Red,若你能看到这封信,那你已经出来了,