包括她!
-Red: “In 1966, Andy Dufresne escaped from Shawshank Prison.”
“在1966年,Andy Dufresne从肖申克监狱逃了出去。”
“All they found was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap,
muddy: 肮脏的 soap: 肥皂
”他们只能找到泥塘中的囚衣,一块肥皂,
and an old rock hammer damn near worn down to the nub.“
hammer: 榔头 wear down: (使)磨损 nub: 小块
和一个很旧的手槌,几乎快被削成一小块。”
“I had thought it'd take a man 600 years to tunnel through the wall with it.”
tunnel: 挖隧道
“我曾认为用手槌要六百年才能掘通的隧道。”
“Old Andy did it in less than 20. Oh, Andy loved geology.”
geology: 地质学
“Andy用不到二十年就办到了,Andy很喜欢地质学。”
“I imagine it appealed to his meticulous nature.”
imagine: 猜想 meticulous: 一丝不苟的 nature: 本性
“我能想像这归功于他一丝不苟的本性。”
“An ice age here million years of mountain building there.”
“如果这里有一段冰河时期,百万年后,山脉就会在那里形成。”
“Geology is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes, really. ”
“地质学是关于压力和时间的研究。需要的仅仅就是这些。”
“Pressure and time. That and a big goddamn poster.”
pressure: 压力 goddamn: 该死的,讨厌的【此处并没有讨厌的意思】 poster: 海报
“压力和时间,还有一张大海报。”
“Like I said in prison, a man will do anything to keep his mind occupied.”
occupy: 占据
“就像我说的那样,监狱里的人都会找事情来消磨时间。”
“Seems Andy's favorite hobby was toting his wall out into the exercise yard, a handful at a time.”
tote: 搬运 at a time: 每次,一次
“看起来Andy的爱好是把他的墙搬运到广场上,每次一把。”
“I guess after Tommy was killed, Andy decided he'd been here long enough.”
“我猜在Tommy被杀后,Andy觉得他在此呆得已够久了。”
-Warden: Lickety-split. I want to get home.
lickety-split: (美国口语)赶快地
尽快,我要回家了。
-Andy: I'm just about finished, sir. Three deposits tonight.
deposit: 存款
我马上就好了,今晚有三笔存款。
-Red: “Andy did like he was told. Buffed those shoes to a high mirror-shine. ”
buff: 擦亮
“Andy照他的吩咐,把鞋擦得闪闪发亮。”
“The guards simply didn't notice. Neither did I.”
notice: 注意
“警卫完全没有注意到,我也没有。”
“I mean, seriously how often do you really look at a man's shoes?”
seriously: 认真地
“说真的,谁会留意别人穿的鞋子呢?”
“Andy crawled to freedom through 500 yards of shit-smelling foulness I can't even imagine.”
crawl: 匍匐而行 freedom: 自由 yards : 码 foulness: 污物 imagine: 想象
“Andy朝向自由爬了五百码,我难以想像有多臭的下水道。”
“Or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards.
”或许我只是不想去爬。五百码。“
”That's the length of five football fields. Just shy of half a mile.“
shy: 不足的
”有五个足球场那么长,有半英里左右。“
”The next morning, right about the time Raquel was spilling her secret,
spill: (口语)道出(秘密)
“第二天早上,就在那海报被撕下来的时候,
a man nobody ever laid eyes on before strolled into the Maine National Bank.”
stroll: 溜达 national bank: 国家银行
一个从未出现过的人,走进了缅因州国家银行。“
”Until that moment, he didn't exist. Except on paper.“
”在那一刻前,他从来是不存在的,除了在纸上。“
-Bank employee A: May I help you?
我可以帮忙吗?
-Red: ”He had all the proper ID, driver's license, birth certificate, Social Security card.“ proper: 正确的 driver's license: 驾驶执照 birth certificate: 出生证明 social security: 社会保障 signature: 签名
”他有所有正确的身份证明文件、驾驶执照、出生证明、社会安全证。“