职场社交16我不敢居功
教程:职场社交  浏览:1339  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    SCENE② A 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现
    【我不敢居功】
    Mary: Are you Elvin?
    玛莉: 你是艾文吗?
    Elvin: Elvin Dixon. Who are you?
    艾文: 艾文迪克森。你是谁?
    Mary: I'm Mary. I want to say I really 1) admire the software you're designed.
    玛莉: 我是玛莉。我真的很欣赏你设计的软件。
    Elvin: Easy stuff. But thanks. And the 1)admiration is 2) mutual.
    艾文: 简单的玩意。不过还是谢了。这份欣赏是彼此彼此。
    Mary: It is?
    玛莉: 真的?
    Elvin: You're selling InfoKing 3) subscriptions like nobody's business. And we don't even have a working 4) demo yet.
    艾文: 你把“资讯王”的订阅卖得如入无人之境。 而我们甚至连能用的样品都还没着落呢。
    Mary: I can't take the credit for that. I'm just Zina's assistant. She's the 5) pro.
    玛莉: 我不敢居功。我只是吉娜的助手。她才是高手。

    语言详解
    A: Here's a demo of our product.
    这是我们产品的样品。
    B: Thank you. I'll take a look at it and get back in touch with you.
    谢谢。我看过之后再联络你。
    【like nobody's business 如入无人之境】
    like nobody's business可以用来表达“无人能出其右”,形容此人相当有一手:
    A: They play the blues like nobody's business.
    他们演奏蓝调的技巧无人能敌。
    B: I have to go and see them.
    我一定要去看看他们。
    【take the credit居功】
    credit是“功劳,赞扬”的意思,take the credit就是指“因为功劳而接受赞扬”,可以用在正面的“居功”。
    A: Josh, you are amazing!
    乔许,你真是令人不可思议!
    B: I can't take the credit for this job. We all worked hard on it.
    这工作我不能居功。大家都很努力。
    1) admire (v.) 仰慕,钦羡;名词是admiration
    2) mutual (a.) 互相的
    3) subscription (n.) 订阅
    4) demo (n.) (商品的)样品,demonstration的略缩。
    5) pro (n.) 专家,系professional 的略缩
    0/0
      上一篇:职场社交15集怪胎与朋克于一身 下一篇:职场社交17她整个人热力四射

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)