职场社交50新来的程序设计师行吗?
教程:职场社交  浏览:831  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    SCENE① B 文斯与艾文在男洗手间里
    【新来的程序设计师行吗?】
    Vince: 1) How are Zina's new programmers working out?
    文斯: 吉娜找来新的程序设计师行吗?
    Elvin: I hate to 2) admit it, but they're good. And fast. The 3) Filipino kid is a 4) genius.
    艾文: 我不愿意承认,不过他们很行。而且手脚又快。那菲律宾小子是个天才。
    Vince: So you'll make the Stars.com 5) deadline, and have us up and running next week?
    文斯: 所以你们能赶上Stars.com给的最后期限,我们下星期就能上线运作?
    Elvin: It'll be close, but we'll make it.
    艾文: 时间很紧迫,但我们会赶上的。
    Vince: Good. After Stars.com starts paying us, we won't need Vikam's cash anymore.
    文斯: 好。等Stars.com开始付我们钱之后,我们就不再需要“维康”的现金了。
    Elvin: And if we don't need them, we won't need Zina, either.
    艾文: 而且若我们不需要他们,我们也就不会需要吉娜了。
    语言详解
    A: Tom is clever,really.
    汤姆真的很聪明。
    B: I know. He's practically a genius.
    我知道。他算得上是天才。
    【be up and running 开始运作】
    be up and running 是指开店运作或是一项计划付诸实行。
    A: What have you been doing lately?
    你最近在忙些什么?
    B: Well, I've been trying to get my surf shop up and running. It's a lot of work.
    呃,我在忙我那冲浪店开店运作的事宜。很费工的。
    be up and running也可指如汽车等机械组件的开始运作,或是电脑程序、整个系统的运作。
    A: How is the computer program?
    那个电脑程序情况如何?
    B: It's up and running, but we need to watch it for a few weeks to make sure everything is OK.
    已开始运作,但我们还要观察几个星期以确定没有问题。
    1) How...work out? ……进展如何?……表现如何?
    2) admit (v.) 承认
    3) Filipino (n.) 菲律宾人
    4) genius (n.) 天才
    5) deadline (n.) 最后期限

    0/0
      上一篇:职场社交49我在考虑跳槽 下一篇:职场社交51你得要沉得住气

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)