看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第19讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:1670  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    I send it out into the real world, and when it comes back…

    我把钱送到外面,等它们回来的时候……

    -Red: Clean as a virgin's honey pot, huh?

    virgin: 处女 honey: 心爱的

    纯洁得就像个处女?

    - Andy: Cleaner. By the time Norton retires, I'll have made him a millionaire.

    retire: 退休 millionaire: 百万富翁

    像洗衣机,到Norton退休的时候,我已让他成为百万富翁了。

    -Red: If they ever catch on, he'll wind up in here wearing a number himself.

    wind up: 使卷入

    如果被他们抓住的话,他将在自己的监狱穿上这样的号码服。

    -Andy: I thought you had more faith in me than that.

    faith: 信任

    看来你对我没有信心。

    -Red: I know you're good, but all that paper leaves a trail.

    leave a trail: 留下痕迹

    我知道你很能干,但是总会蛛丝马迹留下。

    Now anybody gets curious, FBI, IRS, whatever. It'll lead to somebody.

    curious: 好奇的 FBI: 美国联邦调查局 IRS: 美国国税局

    只要有人想细查,FBI,国税局,不管怎样,总会有人被牵扯。

    -Andy: Sure it is, but not to me, and certainly not to the warden.

    certainly: 当然

    是的,但不会是我,也不会是典狱长。

    -Red: All right, who?

    那会是谁?

    -Andy: Randall Stevens.

    Randall Stevens。

    -Red: Who?

    谁?

    -Andy: The “silent” silent partner. He's the guilty one, the man with the bank accounts.

    silent: 沉默的 partner: 搭档 guilty: 有罪的 bank accounts: 银行账户

    从不出声的拍档,他是帐户的持有者,他才有罪。

    It's where the filtering process starts. They trace anything, it'll just lead to him.

    filter: 过滤 process: 过程 trace: 追踪 lead to: 导致

    他那里是过滤黑钱过程的起点,不管他们如何调查,都只会查到他。

    -Red: But who is he?

    他是什么人?

    -Andy: He's a phantom, an apparition. Second cousin to Harvey the Rabbit.

    phantom: 幽灵 apparition: 幽灵

    他是一个幻影,幽灵,是兔子哈维的第二个表弟。

    I conjured him out of thin air. He doesn't exist, except on paper.

    conjure: 变戏法

    我凭空造出他来,他只存在于文件中罢了。

    -Red: You can't just make a person up.

    make up: 虚构

    你不能只这么捏造一个人。

    -Andy: Sure you can, if you know how the system works. It's amazing what you can accomplish by mail.

    system: 体制 amazing: 令人惊异的 accomplish: 完成 mail: 邮政

    当然可以,如果你知道我们社会体制的漏洞。吃惊的是邮政就能帮你做到。

    Mr. Stevens has a birth certificate, driver's license, Social Security.

    certificate: 证明书 license: 执照 social security: 社会保障

    Stevens先生有出生证明书,驾驶执照和社会编号。

    -Red: You're shitting me.

    你在说笑。

    -Andy: If they trace any accounts, they'll wind up chasing a figment of my imagination.

    trace: 追踪 chase: 追捕 figment: 虚构的东西 imagination: 想象

    他们追查帐户的话,只是在追查,我幻想出来的人。

    -Red: Well, I'll be damned! Did I say you were good? Shit, you are Rembrandt.

    damn: 该死的 Rembrandt: 伦勃朗(1606~1669,荷兰画家)

    喔,该死!我没说过你很能干吗?该死,你简直是伦勃朗。

    -Andy: The funny thing is on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow.

    straight: 正直的 arrow: 箭

    有趣的是,在外面,我是个诚实的人,正直得像杆直箭。

    I had to come to prison to be a crook.

    crook: 骗子

    变成骗子就不得不到监狱里来。

    -Red: Ever bother you?

    bother: 使担心

    你担心过吗?

    -Andy: I don't run the scams. I just process the profits .A fine line, maybe.

    scam: 诡计 process: 处理 profit: 利润

    我没参与,我只是处理收益。一条好的分界线,也许吧。

    But I also built that library and used it to help guys get their high school diploma.

    guy: 家伙 diploma: 文凭

    不过我也建起了图书馆,来帮助囚犯取得高中文凭。

    Why do you think he lets me do all that?

    你可知他会何会让我做所有这些?

    -Red: Keep you happy and doing the laundry. Money instead of sheets.

    laundry: 洗衣 instead of: 而不是… sheets: 被单

    让你开心,好帮他“清洗”,洗的是钱而非床单。

    -Andy: Well, I work cheap. That's the tradeoff.

    tradeoff: 交易

    让我工作轻松,那是交易。

    -Red: “Tommy Williams came to Shawshank in 1965 on a two-year stretch for B and E.”

    for B and E: 【breaking and entering】[Red的下一句话解释]

    “Tommy Williams 1965年到肖申克监狱服刑,因非法入室行窃,被判两年监禁。”

    “That's breaking and entering to you.”

    “那是对私人的非法入侵。”

    “Cops caught him sneaking TV sets out the back door of a JC Penney.”

    sneak: 偷偷摸摸

    “警察在Penney家后门抓到,他在电视旁鬼鬼祟祟的。”

    “Young punk. Mr. Rock 'n' Roll cocky as hell.”

    punk: 朋克 cocky: 自大的 as hell: 非常地

    “年轻的朋克, ”摇滚“先生,过于自大。”

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第20讲 下一篇:看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第18讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)