看“泰坦尼克”台词学英语:第6讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:1333  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    -Rose: Do you know of Dr. Freud, Mr. Ismay?

    您知道Freud(弗洛伊德)么,Ismay先生?

    His ideas about the male preoccupation with size…might be of particular interest to you.

    male: 男性的 preoccupation: 关注的事物 particular: 特殊的,特别的 interest: 兴趣,使产生兴趣

    他关于男性专注于大小尺寸的理论,您可能会非常感兴趣。

    -Ruth: What's gotten into you?

    get into: 对…关心,对…有影响

    你到底在想些什么啊?

    -Rose: Excuse me.

    excuse: 原谅 excuse me: 请原谅,对不起(用于开始与陌生人搭话、打断别人说话、不同意某人观点、表示异议、从别人身旁挤过等场合时用的客套话)

    恕我失陪。

    -Ruth: I do apologize.

    apologize: 道歉

    太抱歉了。

    -Molly: She's a pistol, Cal. Hope you can handle her.

    pistol: 手枪 handle: 应付

    她脾气不小,Cal。希望你应付得来。

    -Caledon: I may have to start minding what she reads from now on…won't I, Mrs. Brown?

    mind: 留心 from now on: 从现在开始

    看来从现在开始我得关心一下她都看些什么书…对吧,Brown夫人?

    -Ismay: Freud, who is he? Is he a passenger?

    passenger: 旅客

    Freud是谁?旅客?

    -Fabrizio: The ship is nice?

    这船可真不赖,对吧?

    -Tommy: Yeah, it's an Irish ship.

    Irish: 爱尔兰的

    对,这船是爱尔兰人造的。

    -Fabrizio: Is it English, no?

    不是英国人?

    -Tommy: No, it was built in Ireland. 15,000 Irishmen built this ship. Solid as a rock. Big Irish hands.

    Irishman: 爱尔兰人 solid: 结实的,可靠的 rock: 岩石 hand: 手艺

    当然不是,是在爱尔兰造的。由15000名爱尔兰人造的。坚固如同岩石。精湛的爱尔兰工艺。

    Well, that's typical. First-class dogs come down here to take a shite.

    typical: 特有的,象征性的 first-class: 头等舱的 shite: 拉屎

    看,这真是太具代表性了。头等舱的狗到下等舱的甲板来拉屎撒尿。

    -Jack: Lets us know where we rank in the scheme of things.

    rank: 占…地位,列入…等级 in the scheme of things: 【在事物发展过程中】 scheme: 结构

    让我们知道自己是什么身份。

    -Tommy: Like we could forget. I'm Tommy Ryan.

    forget: 忘记

    就怕我们忘了。我是Tommy Ryan。

    -Jack: Jack Dawson.

    我叫Jack Dawson。

    -Tommy: Hello.

    幸会。

    -Fabrizio: Fabrizio.

    我叫Fabrizio。

    -Tommy: Hi. Do you make any money with your drawings? Forget it, boyo.

    make money: 赚钱 drawing: 图画 boyo: 小伙子

    你好。你的画能卖钱么?别看了,小伙子。

    You'd as like have angels fly out of your arse…as get next to the likes of her.

    angel: 天使 arse: 屁股 get next to: (口语)接近 like: 相似的人

    想要接近她这样的人比登天还难。

    -Rose: I saw my whole life as if I'd already lived it. An endless parade of parties and cotillions…yachts and polo matches.

    as if: 好像,仿佛 already: 已经 endless: 没完没了的 parade: 游行 party: 聚会 cotillion: 大型舞会 yacht: 游艇 polo: 马球戏 match: 比赛,竞赛

    我当时觉得自己一辈子都要这么过下去了。整天是没完没了的舞会和聚餐…还有游艇和马球赛。

    Always the same narrow people, the same mindless chatter.

    narrow: 狭隘的 mindless: 无知的 chatter: 喋喋不休

    接触的永远就只有那么几个人,喋喋不休的说着无聊的话。

    I felt like I was standing at agreat precipice…with no one to pull me back.

    precipice: 悬崖,峭壁

    我觉得自己仿佛站在高高的悬崖边…但是没有人把我拉回来。

    No one who cared…or even noticed.

    care: 关心 notice: 注意

    没人关心…甚至没人注意我。

    -Jack: Don't do it.

    别跳下去!

    -Rose: Stay back. Don't come any closer.

    close: 靠近的

    走开。你别过来。

    -Jack: Come on. Just give me your hand, I'll pull you back over.

    来。抓住我的手,我拉你回来。

    -Rose: No! Stay where you are. I mean it. I'll let go.

    mean: 用意 let go: 松手

    不!你别过来。我是说真的。我会放手的。

    -Jack: No, you won't.

    不,你不会跳的。

    -Rose: What do you mean, no I won't? Don't presume to tell me what I will and will not do. You don't know me.

    presume: 以为,自作主张

    你怎么知道我不会?别自以为是的说我会做什么,不会做什么。你根本就不了解我。

    -Jack: Well, you would have done it already.

    already: 已经

    你真的想跳下去的话早就跳了。

    -Rose: You're distracting me. Go away.

    distract: 使分心,分散(注意力) go away: 走开

    是你让我分心了。走开。

    -Jack: I can't. I'm involved now. You let go, and I'm going to have to jump in there after you.

    involve: 使参与 have to: 必须,不得不

    我不能走。我已经介入了。你跳吧,你跳下去之后我也只好跟你一起跳下去了。

    -Rose: Don't be absurd. You'll be killed.

    absurd: 荒唐的

    别说傻话。你会死的。

    -Jack: I'm a good swimmer.

    swimmer: 游泳者

    我可是个游泳健将。

    -Rose: The fall alone will kill you.

    fall: 坠落 alone: 单独的,仅仅

    单是掉下去可能就会没命。

    -Jack: It would hurt. I'm not saying it wouldn't.

    hurt: 疼痛,使受伤

    可能会很痛。我没否认这一点。

    To tell you the truth, I'm a lot more concerned…about that water being so cold.

    truth: 事实 concern: 担心,忧虑 cold: 冷的

    不过说真的,我更担心的是…水里会冷得让人受不了。

    -Rose: How cold?

    有多冷?

    -Jack: Freezing. Maybe a couple of degrees over. You ever … You ever been to Wisconsin?

    freezing: 冰冻的 a couple of: 几(个) degree: 度

    零度。也许还不到零度。你…去过威斯康辛州吗?

    -Rose: What?

    什么?

    -Jack: They have some of the coldest winters around. I grew up there, near Chippewa Falls.

    winter: 冬季 grow up: 长大 fall: 瀑布

    那个地方的冬天非常冷。我在那儿长大,在齐佩瓦瀑布附近。

    I remember, when I was a kid, me and my father…we went ice fishing out on LakeWissota.

    remember: 记得 ice fishing: 冰上钓鱼,破冰捕鱼 lake: 湖泊

    我记得小的时候,我和父亲…去结冰的威苏塔湖冰上钓鱼。

    Ice fishing is, you know, where you …

    冰上钩鱼就是…

    -Rose: I know What Ice fishing is.

    我知道冰上钓鱼是怎么回事。

    -Jack: Sorry. You just seem like, you know, kind of an indoor girl. Anyway, I…I fell through some thin ice.

    seem like: 看起来像 kind of: 稍微,有点 indoor: 喜欢呆在室内的 anyway: 无论如何 fall through: 通过某物跌下去 thin: 薄的 ice: 冰

    对不起。你看起来像是不常到户外的那种女孩。总之,我…我在某处冰薄的地方掉进了水里。

    And I'm telling you…water that cold…like right down there…

    我想让你知道…掉进那么冷的水里…估计和这下面差不多冷…

    it hits you like a thousandknives stabbing you all over your body.

    thousand: 千 knife: 刀 stab: 刺,扎 all over: 到处

    就像有无数把尖刀扎遍你的全身似的。

    You can't breathe. You can't think, least, not about anything but the pain.

    breathe: 呼吸 least: 最少 think about: 考虑 pain: 疼痛

    不能呼吸。也不能思考,至少,无法思考疼痛以外的事情。

    Which is why I'm not looking forward to jumping in there after you. Like I said…I don'thave a choice.

    look forward to: 期望,盼望 choice: 选择

    所以我并不希望跟着你一起跳下去。但我已经说了…我别无选择。

    I guess I'm kind of hoping you'll come back over the rail…and get me off the hook here.

    guess: 猜想,推测 kind of: 稍微,有点 hope: 希望 come back: 回来 rail: 栏杆 get off the hook: 使某人摆脱困境

    我想我还是希望你从栏杆上跨回来…好让我摆脱困境。

    -Rose: You're crazy.

    crazy: 疯狂的

    你疯了。

    -Jack: That's what everybody says but…with all due respect,

    with all due respect: (表异议)恕我冒犯

    大家都这么说我…但是请恕我冒犯,

    miss …I'm not the one hanging off the back of a ship here.

    hang off: 踌躇不前

    小姐…现在挂在船尾想要做傻事的人可不是我。

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“泰坦尼克”台词学英语:第5讲 下一篇:看“泰坦尼克”台词学英语:第7讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)