看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第22讲
教程:英文电影推荐  浏览:1155  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    He hears your tale of woe and naturally wants to cheer you up.

    tale: 故事 woe: 不幸 naturally: 自然地 cheer you up: 让你高兴起来

    他知道你的事后想让你振作起来。

    He's young, not terribly bright.

    terribly: 非常地 bright: 聪明的

    他还年轻,不怎么明事理。

    It's not surprising he wouldn't know what a state he put you in.

    surprising: 令人惊讶的 state: 情形

    他根本不明白这对你意味着什么,这并不奇怪。

    -Andy: Sir, he's telling the truth.

    狱长,他讲的是事实。

    -Warden: Let's say for the moment this Blatch does exist.

    就说这个,如果有Blatch这个人的话。

    You think he'd just fall to his knees and cry, “Yes, I did it. I confess. By the way, add a life term to my sentence.”

    fall to one's knees: 跪下 confess: 坦白 by the way: 顺便说一下

    你认为他会跪下来,哭着说“是我做的,我坦白。方便的话,给我加个终身监禁吧。”

    -Andy: With Tommy's testimony, I can get a new trial.

    testimony: 证言 trial: 【法律】审讯

    但是Tommy的证供能让我的案子重审。

    -Warden: That's assuming Blatch is still there. Chances are, he'd be released by now.

    assume: 假定 release: 释放

    前提是Blatch在那狱中,也许他现在已经获释了。

    -Andy: They'd have his last known address.

    他们应该有他的住址的。

    It's a chance, isn't it? How can you be so obtuse?

    obtuse: 愚钝的

    这是个机会,对吗?你怎会这么愚蠢?

    -Warden: What? What did you call me?

    什么?你说什么?

    -Andy: Obtuse. Is it deliberate?

    deliberate: 故意的

    愚蠢,这是故意说的?

    -Warden: You're forgetting yourself.

    你忘记你自己的身份了。

    -Andy: The country club will have his old timecards. Records, W-2s with his name on them.

    timecards: 工作时间记录卡

    俱乐部会有他的工作记录卡的记录和有他名字的报税表。

    -Warden: If you want to indulge this fantasy, it's your business. Don't make it mine. This meeting is over.

    indulge: 沉溺于 fantasy: 幻想 business: 事

    你要继续幻想的话,那是你的事,不要影响我,谈话结束。

    -Andy: If I got out, I'd never mention what happens here. I'd be as indictable as you for laundering that money.

    mention: 提及 indictable:(罪行)可起诉的

    如果我能出去的话,我不会提起这里发生的一切,我可以继续为你洗黑钱。

    -Warden: Don't ever mention money to me, you son of a bitch! Not in this office, not anywhere. Get in here, now!

    son of a bitch:〈俚语〉王八蛋

    永远不许和我提钱的事,你这个婊子养的,不许在这间办公室,不许在任何地方。进来!

    -Andy: I just wanted to put you at ease, that's all.

    at ease: 舒适 that's all: 没别的

    我只是想让你放心,没别的意思。

    -Warden: Solitary. A month.

    solitary: 单独监禁

    禁闭室,一个月。

    -Police officer: yes, sir.

    是,长官。

    -Andy: What's wrong with you?

    你怎么了?

    -Warden: Get him out of here.

    把他带出去。

    -Andy: This is my chance to get out! It's my life! Understand?!

    这是我出去的唯一的机会!这是我的人生!你明白吗?

    -Warden: Get him out!

    带他出去!带他出去!

    -Floyd: A month in the hole. That's the longest stretch I ever heard of.

    hole: (独间)牢房

    关禁闭一个月,这是我听到过的最严厉的惩罚。

    -Tommy: It's all my fault.

    这都是我的错。

    -Red: Bullshit. You didn't pull the trigger or convict him.

    bullshit: 废话 trigger: (枪的)扳机 convict: 宣告…有罪

    废话,事情不是由你而起的,或让他入罪。

    -Heywood: Are you saying Andy is innocent? I mean, for real innocent?

    innocent: 清白的

    你是说Andy是清白的?我是说,真真正正的无辜的?

    -Red: It looks that way.

    看起来是。

    -Heywood: Sweet Jesus. How long has he been here now?

    天啊,他到这里有多久了?

    -Red: 1947. What is that? Nineteen years.

    1947,那是多少,19年。

    -Post officer: Williams, Thomas.

    Williams Thomas。

    -Tommy: Yeah, over Here.

    是,在这。

    -Red: What you got? Board of Education.

    Board of Education: 地方教育委员会,学校董事会

    这是什么?校董会来的信。

    -Tommy: That son of a bitch mailed it.

    son of a bitch: 王八蛋 mail: 邮寄

    他竟把它寄出去了。

    -Red: You going to open it or stand there with your thumb up your butt?

    butt: 屁股

    你会打开它吗?还是打自己的屁股?

    -Tommy: Thumb up my butt sounds better. Skeets, come on. Give me that, you shithead.

    shithead: 白痴

    打自己的屁股听起来好一点。把它还给我,你他妈的。

    -Floyd, come on.

    别这样。

     

    0/0
      上一篇:看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第23讲 下一篇:看“肖申克的救赎”台词学英语:第21讲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)